584,805 active members*
5,223 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Nakamura-Tome TW-20 with Fanuc OT-C lost parameters

Nakamura-Tome TW-20 with Fanuc OT-C lost parameters

Hi all,

Major problem as you see. No parameters and no back-up in house. The machine is an auction buy, about 21-22 years old.

The communications were trying to be set up and when I started machine in morning alarm 101 P/S was active.

I have no alarm manual, but found out that this is for power interrupt during memory write(?)

Was told to press "delete" + "reset' during power up to clear...now 2 more alarms #417 and #427 which represent 'x' and 'z' axis DGTL PARAM.

Now have no parameters and can't move machine or do anything. This is for main spindle only....right side sub spindle appears okay.

If anyone has parameters and/or alarms manual I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

Parameter hard copy are also missing from machine.

Thanks in advance for your help, I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Turning_Guy View Post
    Hi all,

Major problem as you see. No parameters and no back-up in house. The machine is an auction buy, about 21-22 years old.

The communications were trying to be set up and when I started machine in morning alarm 101 P/S was active.

I have no alarm manual, but found out that this is for power interrupt during memory write(?)

Was told to press "delete" + "reset' during power up to clear...now 2 more alarms #417 and #427 which represent 'x' and 'z' axis DGTL PARAM.

Now have no parameters and can't move machine or do anything. This is for main spindle only....right side sub spindle appears okay.

If anyone has parameters and/or alarms manual I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

Thanks in advance for your help, I'll keep you posted.
    Unfortunately, you were given bad advice. You only need to press Delete button on start up to overcome the 101 ps alarm. Delet+Reset wipes parameters as well. Check in the control cabinet for a Paper Tape that is a copy of the parameters, or there may be a hard copy of the parameters if you're lucky. You could try contacting Nakamura, the agents here in Australia have always been very helpful, supplying the serial number of the machine and a request for a copy of the parameters. Alternastively, post explicit details of the machine, ie year of manufacture, version number of the control software etc; someone may have the same machine that will get you close to correct parameters. If all the above fails, contact Fanuc with all the control details such as model and serial number, ect

Sorry I can't be more help other than offer suggestions.

Regards,

Bill

Thanks for the suggestion, I think that is the route I will take if my latest efforts don't pan out.

Re: Nakamura-Tome TW-20 with Fanuc OT-C lost parameters

Hi
    I too have a Nakamura TW20 twin spindle lathe and its working fine
    Have you got the Parameters
    I can share the parameters
    and
    Do you have the Operator and machine manual
    If yes could you please share me a pdf copy of the same
    It would be of great help if i can get the manuals
    Thanks and Regards
    Hemanth

Quote Originally Posted by krishnanhemanth View Post
    Hi
    and
    Thanks and Regards
    Hemanth
    Hi , I want to talk about tw-20 , I am buying it second hand and wanted to know all about it so can you send me all details you have about the machine it will be of so much help and if you can please give me your contact as I really need some help , i am just starting off with CNC machines and this will be my first machine.

Hi
    and
    Thanks and Regards
    Hemanth
    Wow, I need those parameters. And if one of you guys know how can I enable "write" in param's table. I need to make x reference.... Thanks.

Hi
    and
    Thanks and Regards
    Hemanth
    Hi. We recently bought a Nakamura tome TMC-30 - 1989 at a sale. According to the FANUC OT-C instruction manual (0662-08 SERVO download: 9030-10 PMC: M024-A5). There is no copy of the parameters.
    Help, send ([email protected]) your parameters to check our parameters. Do you have a wiring diagram of the machine and a ladder diagram (with explanations on paper)?
    We had errors 310/320 - they fixed them, but the error on the left side of the machine is NOT READY, not sure what is correct (I connected the 24V wire on the wire feeder connector to the E-STOP button. Now we go without errors, but it does not work in automatic mode - it seems that the rod feeder is not so simple ... Can someone tell me how to turn it off in the program? is it enough to change the parameters or do you need to change the plc?
    Best regards, Vladimir

Hi
    and
    Thanks and Regards
    Hemanth
    Hi dear
    I have purchased Nakamura Tome tw20 cnc double spindle ,i need Parameters could you please arrange to send Parameters, thanks in advance
    [email protected]