584,826 active members*
5,275 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 17 of 17 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfoster View Post
    Jason
    I have followed your thread since the beginning sorry I was to vague. I was referring to Marti that even cuts glass with her machine...
    Yes Jason you have produced more on your JGRO than many have with multi thousand dollar machines.
    Garry
    mine is still a work in progress. I'm trying to think of everything that a CNC "can" do so I can consider it in my design. LOL, the contractor that did work on my house last year use to laugh because I would always tell him "I like to plan ahead." So many times that has very beneficial because I won't have to tear out something to do it over. I finally got a storage building built last year that I'm going to use as a workshop. Initially we were going to use the bottom as a workshop and the top for storage, but this week I changed my mind Instead of trying to fit worktables for everything downstairs and it being crowded, I've decided to use the loft area for finish work and crafts. Hopefully that will cut down on the dust I'll have downstairs. I've already added a 6x8 deck with a pergola to expand my working area. While I was trying to figure out a way to setup an umbrella for shade, I decided a pergola would be better because I can add a shade on a track to open and close. So now I need to get everything all wired, cut the joist to be able to access the top area and finish off it off. It's not going to be an easy job because sheetrock is heavy, so I'll have to cut it to be able to handle it by myself. But first, I've got to jack it up where it settled. I've got jacks on the way. There's no question the building is unlevel - it drops on both sides in the middle making it hard to shut the door. I put the level on it and it's about 2". My lot slops and the building is at the back, so it gets all the water going downhill.

I can't wait to get something done. It seems like all I do is "plan" and build stuff in my head.

Cut two ovals out of solid surface. The 24 is for the guy that gave me the solid surface pieces.
    The other piece which I cannot show is a sample for a business that sells solid surface sheets
    I used a 120 deg bit. Painted in navy blue.
    Sign size: 16 inches wide 10.5 inches tall
    Strangely enough I have to cut another 24 for a house warming gift.

Jason

Cut nylon spacers this morning for these chair castors. Just cannot beat a cnc at home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0706.jpg   DSCN0700.jpg  

Two solid surface pieces with key slot in the back ready for hanging.

Used a 120 deg 32mm bit.

Had to use gloss black for the zebra as I ran out of satin and flat black.

Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0708.jpg   DSCN0709.jpg   DSCN0710.jpg   DSCN0711.jpg  

DSCN0714.jpg   DSCN0712.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Marsha View Post
    Two solid surface pieces with key slot in the back ready for hanging.

Used a 120 deg 32mm bit.

Had to use gloss black for the zebra as I ran out of satin and flat black.

Jason
    I like the zebra .. LOL, I've got a zebra purse

Good!! at least someone likes the zebra. I showed it to a friend and he seemed confused at first, then I told him it was an extreme closeup.

I may cover the zebra with a satin clear coat to reduce the gloss.

Jason

Good!! at least someone likes the zebra. I showed it to a friend and he seemed confused at first, then I told him it was an extreme closeup.

I may cover the zebra with a satin clear coat to reduce the gloss.

Jason
    what stock did you use to carve it?

Acrylic solid surface.

Barely have to use any paint.

Acrylic solid surface.

Barely have to use any paint.
    NICE

A hand router template for cutting louver slots. Total length is 6 feet tall and 21 slots.

Each slot is about 6 inches long. The big circle at the top allows the initial plunge without touching the template sides with the cutting part of the bit

The wood is marine ply which is really hard.

Pics of installed signs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0739.jpg   DSCN0743.jpg  

Pics of installed signs
    I love the one on the right .. it's script . What font did you use? It is 'similar' to Helinda Rook, but I like it much better. If I can ever get my shop setup, I want to 'hang out my shingle' so I'll feel like I'm going to work. Not quite sure of the name yet, because I've got a few, but I know who it will be in memory of though

Burgues Script

Burgues Script
    thanks, it's really a beautiful font and looks great on your sign

Yes, it did come out great.

Sorry about the non-existent posts guys.

The JGRO has been a little loose on the cuts so no hard materials like solid surface. I did cut some caution signs (sign foam) last week.

The 5x5 is about finished and while I was waiting on cable from the USA I cobbled together a 4x4 from parts I had at home.

The 4x4 is a large JGRO base I got from Tajord. It was flipped over, extended and the rest you can see from the pic.
    I will use the 3 axis kit from the JGRO for the 4x4. the belt at the back connects the two Y axis screws so I only need one
    motor for the Y axis initially.

The 5x5 screws are still in the package, they rust so quickly. The 4 axis kit is awaiting assembly using this transformer I
    rescued from a Toshiba copier.

Used VCarve Pro V 7.0 as usual to create the picture frame from 1/2" solid surface material.

Ok guys the 5 x 5 is finished and I think I have all the bugs worked out.

The JGRO will continue to work but not as often. I will be posting more often on the following thread.

Jason's 5x5 Router

Page 17 of 17 7151617