585,729 active members*
4,873 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V24 Run Time Calculator

V24 Run Time Calculator

Good Afternoon Yall!!!

This may be a answered question already but ive been searching to no avail.
    Beside the predator virtual cnc (which is like sanscrit to me) :stickpoke. I can read g-code pretty well though. Is there something else that could help me figure run times? The predator is very very confusing to me. For starters i cant figure out how to create the RVP file needed to run it! Thanks in advance. - Brett

If the code is pretty standard.. (Haas , fanuc, Mach) the code should already give you a run time. If not then you may need some customizations. Take a look at this info it may clarify some of the editor setup for up..
    Setting up the tool changes in the predator editor

BobCADV23 Predator Editor template changes. MCode Change

No, theres no time estimate in the Code. Im running a Thermwood C40, with Bobcad V24. No it didnt really clear anything up. Thanks though. Ill still continue to mess around with the Virtual CNC.
    Whats weird to me, i used to run a meta machine with WinCNC, and that used to give me estimated run times.

The virtual CNC is run from within BobCad. It is not a standalone product (unless you purchase the standalone from Predator themselves).

If you look at the modules menu and have it listed there, then you have the upgrade to it.. Create a toolpath, then go to modules menu-virtual cnc..

The RVP files are created on the fly from withion BobCad.

Thank you. That does make alot of sense. When i go into modules, its grayed out. So i guess that i dont have it. Im not sure what we go when i ordered the bobcad, but our i.t. did install the predators so i though we had it.

Still stumped about the run time though... cant figure a simple solution nor a calculator online. Way too many variables i guess.

WHat you get with a basic purchase is "Verify", which you fget at by right clciking the Milling stock in the cam tree.. Just an active-x of the simulation.

A guy in the old BobCad forum had scripted a setup sheet and a runtime estimator post... You may not be able to get at it if you dont have one of the old accounts there, because you cant create one now. If you have one of the old accounts, you can find them here:

BobCAD-CAM Support Forum

BobCAD-CAM Support Forum

I wont post the actual file here, unless he steps in and says to do it.

Oh ok. I see. I think i may have seen that calculator, i beleive i actually have it too. Its an excel spreadsheet right? But the one i had it may have been for a cnc lathe. Anyways, without a tutorial or someone to walk me through it i was lost. Ive been doing this for quite some time, but i feel like such a newbie.

No, it's a post processor that uses the scripting. It will generate setupsheets and do runtimes...