584,829 active members*
4,953 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

3D funnel Mc9

We are trying to do "homework" at my friends work with their Mcam V9, and struggles to get it right..
    The project is to do a funnel thing with radius (like a Weber carbs intake funnel).
    How do we do this? Seems again like we miss the wireframe surface that seems so simple in X?

We have drawn one arc with R25. (metric) at X0 Y0 Z0 and one with R35. at X0 Y0 Z10. Then join these with R10. arc in "ends" (in Cplane 3D).

Have tried with different surfaces and also tried with breaking the arcs, but the surface will not follow the R10. arc that joins the others and take the closest - straight way (or do not any surfaces at all...).

What is the "right", or easiest way for this? Is there option for wireframe in Mc9?

Thanks!
    Kitamura Mycenter 1 -83 with Fanuc 3M-C and Mycenter 1B -85 with 10M control.
    Yes, they are old..... but i still like them!

Do you mean something like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FUNNEL_001.JPG   FUNNEL_002.JPG   FUNNEL_003.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes thanks, kind of like that or even simpler with only one bigger radius inside!
    But you're running X3 and do this with "wireframe" surface i suppose?

How do i accomplish this surface easy in V9.?

I have only used MC9 maybe 5 times. Does MC9 have a Surface - Revolve option? I find it difficult to believe MC9 does not have something similar since AutoCAD could do this all the way back at version 12 in 1992.

Man that was easy... Thanks txcncman, we tried more with this and revolve surface works. Tried earlier with this but "choose axis" stopped me because we hadn't any "axis-line" to choose... Your picture helped me with understanding for that!

Again thanks! :cheers: