585,683 active members*
4,934 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Sodick A325 abnormal computer error

I have a Sodick A325 when you turn the power switch on it is turning the power off and throwing an error saying abnormal computer turn source on. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Does it give a trouble code? Check all of the power supplies. Make sure you are not getting AC ripple on the DC power supplies. That would be the first think i look at on the older machines.

A325

I don't think I understand. Where are they at?

No code

Open the up the side and find the cpu boards (cpu-86 cpu-386). You will have various boards in that rack like I/O-01,02,05 ect. Usually mounted to the left of that rack you will see various power supplies. You will want to check all of the power supplies to make sure they are working properly. for example if you see a power supply with wires labeled 24VS G02 then that is a 24volt DC power supply and VS it means Voltage source. If it is VP it is Voltage power. Normally 24 power supplies should read 24.5V 12 volts read 12.2 and 5 volts read 5.2-5.3. If they are running low you will see a pot on the power supply that you can use to adjust the power up. Do not turn it up above the voltage mentioned. Also when i say check for AC ripple you will want to swap your Volt meter to AC and check the DC side of the power supply. If you get 10% ac on the power supply replace it. so 24.5 DC that has .24 ac is a bad power supply. What happens if you have too much AC it makes the DC power supply act like it is turning things on and off and 60 times a second. Also check the main power coming into the machine and make sure you are between 200-215 volts AC on all three legs.

I have been using a phase converter that goes to a transformer for 14 years. When I check the wires going into the machine, one is 200 to ground the other two are only 100 to ground but 200 to each other? Shouldn't each one be 200 to ground? The two that are 100 or on 190 lugs on the transformer.

no that would be ok. Normally when you go phase to ground it should be roughly half of full phase. You have a hot leg that stays 200 volts on both phase to phase and phase to ground. Retap your transformer and bring the voltage up to 208 or as close that you can. If you are on a phase converter try and check the legs when you try and start the machine and see how much the voltage drops. On our ballscrew machines i havent seen alot of issues on phase converters but on the linear machines i have seen that if the legs drop too much the machines will cut off or go straight to the UPS unit. Does your machine have a Ups unit built into it? If it does take the line in and line out and connect them together and take the serial plug off the ups unit.

The ups I disconnected about four years ago when it threw an nc alarm error had WMD look at the Rdl board and the tmi board but I was told they have no way of telling unless they put it in a machine to see if they got the problem. The machine was running. I shut it down for the night and the next day is when this started. I shut it off and restarted it and it ran long enough to cut two holes and on the way tothe third is when the power went off but not the source. Even though the error says turn source on it's the power that won't stay on.

Sorry i didnt get an update saying you replied. With the error that you are getting and the way you describe it i am wondering if the coil for the ZN contact has gone bad. The ZN contact is what turns the pumps, motors and drives on. I cant remember what the labels are for the coil but make sure that you have voltage going to the coil (should be 200V i think). The power for the coil are going to be the smaller two wires on the contact and not X,Y,Z or X2,Y2,Z2. If you do then your coil for your contact is bad. Does that machine have the MK25 control on it? If so you should have a 30 amp breaker labeled F3 after the contact. Make sure it isnt flipped.

You were right the 5V power supply was out. But when I was trying to find the problem I connected the power supply line to the wrong tap. It blew the fuse in the 24v supply and I had the little board that powers the contacts looked
    The machine sources on now and if I hold the power switch down the power comes on and I can move the machine now but if you let go of the power switch the power goes off. I wished I would of ask you 4 months ago. You were right on about the power supply. Yes it has the Mark 25
    Thank you

Not a problem. Most of the time when i go on a call the power supplies are in the top three things that i look at on those machines. I check for single phase then i make sure all the LED are lit up on the PSE-01 board them i check all power supplies and make sure they are good.

Now that I have the abnormal computer fixed ,
    When I was connecting the power back up to the transformer I connected the power to the wrong tap and blew out the fuse in the 24v supply. I fixed that and had the board looked at to, it will source on but when you hit the power button it will run as long as you hold it but shuts off when you let go. What else could I have burned out?
    Thank You

Also when you hold the power button you can move the machine and give it commands it will do it. I know the f1 breaker you can turn it off and the machine will do the same thing with the power button but it won't move. I ruled that out but don't know what could be wrong. Is there a relay between the button and the switch? And if there is is it on the psc 01 board I had EMD look at it but I know that doesn't mean anything. I am lost. Thank you for your help
    Kevin

I took the SC-2 switch for the source on and switched it with the power on switch and the machine still does the same thing as long as you hold the power switch it will run. Also when you let off of the power switch one of the green LEDs on the psc-01 board goes out.

I think I found the problem with it not staying on. The PSC-01A board has a burn on it across one of the printed Circut lines

yeah the PSE-01 board is the life of that machine. there isnt much that is in line with the power switch other than a relay for the noman option. If you have an LED that is going off on the PSE-01 and you have a burnt trace you can try and solder a jumper wire to replace the burnt trace. Sorry for the slow replys but the office has been killing me the past two weeks. What LED on the board is going out?

FYI for the LED on the board.
    led1 on and none of the others is a fuse error.
    Led1,2 fire extinguisher error for sinkers.
    LED1,2,3 interlock error. (CE machines)
    LED1,2,3,4 Estop pressed in
    LED1,2,3,4,5 no error
    LED8 on when source on
    LED9 turns on when power off is pressed only
    LED10 turns on only when power on is pressed
    LED11 turns on only when source off is pressed
    LED12 ZN contact coil has voltage
    LED13 YN contact coil has voltage

Where are these led located? On the PAC board there are three

The little board that is about 4x4 with the zn and the yn leads
    Has a psc 01A on the board. The number 2 led won't stay on

Make sure the fuse on the PSE-01 board isnt blown. is JP2 jumper on? I have never seen just the LED2 not stay on. I will ask around in the morning and see if someone else has seen it. From what i am reading you may have a coil out on one of the relays on the board.

Page 1 of 2 12