585,763 active members*
4,095 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Extrude cut

Extrude cut

Hi Guys,

I need your help on how to cut extrude 2 parallel slot. I'm still new on solidworks and doesn't have any formal training.

I attached the file together for you guys to see.

Thank you so much

MrSammy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Pick a surface or plane
    Draw the shape of the slots
    extrude cut them
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Obviously you have made your Sketch 1 which is some sort of surface and now have Sketch 2 which should just be your slots? High light Sketch 2 in the manager on the left and then click Cut Extrude, the menu will come up and you can assign the depth.

Mr MatthewBasaraba,

Thanks for your reply. Is that able to cut extrude to an angle, let say 47 degree? Because to my little knowledge, whenever i did cut extrude, it always goes straight (to any depth of course).

By the way once again, million thanks to all of you.

mrsammy

A little more information would help. If you making these slots into the main section then I would make the slot cut then apply a designated degree champher around the slot.

If these features are external,rising above the part, you would need to determine the overall size minus the degree by the height and give it that OD then apply the degree of champher to apply the angle.

I am still not a Solid Works pro but if I needed these features, that's how I would do it. Might be others that have different methods they can share. A section view of a print, if available, would greatly increase the ease and accuracy for people to share how to construct these features.

if you are trying to get them to extrude at 47 from the surface you drew then on you get to learn new techniques

try insert reference geometry, plane. create the plane above the surface where you want the top of the extruded part at your desired angle from the original surface. make view regular to the plane so your looking right at your old sketch. create new sketch on your new plane. click the old sketch. click convert entities to copy the old sketch to the new plane. now whatever you do will be at a 47 degree angle to the original surface. you can use planes for ANY type of angle or just about anything else.

hope that helps, I'm not on a pc so I cant see your

My solidworks instructor would change the name of the class to "Using planes and Solidworks too" if they would let him. reference geometry is VERY powerful and will frequently be the answer to the questions you don't even have yet.

PriddyShiddy

Thanks a lot for the reply.