585,753 active members*
4,188 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: EXLAS Laser

EXLAS Laser

Have an EXLAS Laser... Let’s just say it has serious motion control issues… The jury’s still out weather the customer service department will promptly fix the issue!(wedge)

Many issues have been discovered upon initial operation of the machine purchased... these issues could be sorted out quickly with proper technical support.

Would anyone like to see the timeline, correspondence, and path forward provided for resolving these issues as they stand today?

It is not my intent to air out the laundry… only to find resolve with some of the issues I currently have outstanding and maybe possibly advise someone of things that may be encountered during a start-up operation and level of technical support you may receive.
    (chair)

Quote Originally Posted by ho-229 View Post
    Many issues have been discovered upon initial operation of the machine purchased... these issues could be sorted out quickly with proper technical support.

Would anyone like to see the timeline, correspondence, and path forward provided for resolving these issues as they stand today?

It is not my intent to air out the laundry… only to find resolve with some of the issues I currently have outstanding and maybe possibly advise someone of things that may be encountered during a start-up operation and level of technical support you may receive.
    (chair)
    We are trying to sort things out. You have fallen into a crack, you bought your machine before Tech support was offered, now I am trying to catch up on your issue. I need to know what size machine you bought, all the options you opted for, and copies of past communications would be helpful so I know what has happened in the past, and what has been done up to now. You can email me at [email protected]. Thank you for your patience as I try to sort out whats going on with your machine, and help you get it up and running.

Dave,We will working hard to get your machine fixed!

Dear Dave,This is Mike,I am very sorry the late response for your questions,Mr.Ben (our US tech support)will walk in and we will assist him in any way to get your machine up and running.Dave,we are working hard to get your machine fixed.
    Please don't worry, Iris will send the replacements, everything would be fine
    Regards/Mike
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by ho-229 View Post

(chair)

Still broken,
    new issues... no clear path forward?:stickpoke

Focussing lens
    Focussing lenses should be kept clean! A dirty focussing lens absorbs more laser radiated energy, heats up and deforms. A deformed lens changes its focal length and the focal position moves higher yielding worse cut quality. Please pay attention to the fact that, in the case of heavy contamination, the lens could be seriously damaged.

Lens deformation usually slows down cutting velocity and increases cutting duration; burrs start to form and build up and the kerf and surface roughness increase. If the problem is grave we may be unable to fully cut the work-piece..

Imagine that...a supplier of lasers not paying attention to the basics(chair)

Several of the mirrors on my unit were scratched from what appeared to be wiped off with the finger, the one they could not get to at the head was still in nice shape though

But I did get spare mirrors and lens, yes sir paid for imported higher quality, but wait, what they sent was the Chinese lesser quality, but what the hey, it was only $80 nothing for them to worry about. Their answer was when questioned, "Do not worry (sound familiar) they are good quality"

Their four favorite sayings are
    1) I am sorry"
    2) My apologies
    3) I understand your position
    4) Do not worry

That is exactly what they are, sayings.