586,011 active members*
4,057 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 6 1234
    that looks like a very heavy duty table

I'm interested in the plans as well It looks like a good winter project that I can work on little by little. If you get a chance you can e-mail them to me at: [email protected]

Thanks

A well thought out and executed machine. Good job. Must be satisfying seeing it at work.

I'd like to see the plans too if I can jump on your generosity. A suggestion; unless you have reason not to you can just zip them up into a file and post them as an attachment here. Saves you bandwidth and mailing them to the world and his friend..

thanks..

Just to let everyone know, I am real close to having the plans for the table finished, except for the control layout. they will be posted here hopifully tomorrow. If I have sent you an email with the plans please burn them. I have corrected a lot of mistakes and updated the plans with the revisions that needed to be made from the original plans.
    I tried to email everyone that emailed me but i know i missed some and i am sorry. The plans are so close to being finished now that i won't email out any more until they are finished.
    HAPPY CUTTING
    Mike Laws

new plasma plans

here are the latest plans. they are as far as ican go for awhile as i have to finish some other things. take a look and let me know if you think i should post the finished plan.

mike laws
    sorry going to have 2 zip

zipped plans

here they are zipped. they are saved as acad 2000.dfx. if can't view them let me know, i found a nice free cad program MOVED THE PLANS TO "FREE PLASMA TABLE PLANS"
    mike laws

sounds interesting. I would like to take a look at your plans if you would email them to me. You probaly got tons of responses.
    [email protected]

I moved the plans to different thread "Free PLASMA TABLE PLANS". I have started changing the controls over to Gecko drives and wanted to know if there is any interest in the plans for the cabinet and wiring.
    If anyone is interested in the plans but can't print them, contact me. Any feedback would be helpful.
    thanks
    mike laws

When you get the plans done I would be interested in them. Thanks for the files today. When I get a chance I will check them out and see if I can build one of these. I have a machining center now so I can make all my own parts.

Quote Originally Posted by mlaws1172
    I moved the plans to different thread "Free PLASMA TABLE PLANS". I have started changing the controls over to Gecko drives and wanted to know if there is any interest in the plans for the cabinet and wiring.
    If anyone is interested in the plans but can't print them, contact me. Any feedback would be helpful.
    thanks
    mike laws
    I'm really interested in the wiring. I think i can get the fabrication, and mechanical with less of a problem. Any help you could provide with the wiring would help alot. Thanks for all the time that you've put into this.

-Mike

mike
    I am in the process of setting it up with gecko drives and as soon as the change over is complete a wiring layout will be posted. hopifully it can be set up with a wiring harness for "painless wiring".
    Don't worry about getting thru the wiring , if this works out right, it will be step by step.
    any help you need I will be glad to give and if i don't know some one in this forum does.
    Any input about the plans would be helpiful
    thanks
    mike laws

electrical parts list

Here is a list of electrical parts and software that go with the plans.
    1. gecko 320 servo drivers - 3 ea. @ $114.00 ea. -geckodrive.com

2. breakout board plus - 1 ea. @ $130.00 ea. - campbelldesigns.com

3. ametek 38 vdc servo motors - 2 ea. @ 90.00 ea. - you should be able to find these on ebay for this price or less. If you can't contact me.

4. servo motor @ about 100 in. oz. for z-axis you should be able to find for $75.00 or less on ebay. If you can't contact me.

5. E5D-500 encoders - 3 ea. @ $52.00 ea. - usdigital.com

6. EA-r10 receivers - 3 ea. @ $11.00 ea. - usdigital.com

7. 40 vdc 500 VA power supply - you can pick up a 28-32 vac 500 va transformer on ebay and make one or contact me

8. control cabinet - I am working on a layout to run on the plasma. I have a sheetmetal shop, so if you want one I think I can make them for about $40.00 . I will also post the plans so you can make your own.

9. wiring harness - I am working on a plan that I will post. If you don't want to build one contact me. I think I can make one for about $100.00 including plug togethor connectors

10. Mach 3 software - cnc software - $159.00 artofcnc.ca

11. sheetcam - cam software - $150.00 - sheetcam. com

12. a9cad - cad software - free - a9tech.com

I do this just for fun so any parts I sell is just to build more cnc machines. i want to make some more free plans but I don't want to turn this into a business. I want to help if I can and don't care about selling anything.
    Happy cutting
    mike laws

thanks for all the help, and the shopping list will help alot...
    thanks again

-Mike

I need to add one more to the shopping list.
    cnc4pc - breakout board - alternate to campbell - cheaper but harder to wire
    cnc4pc.com. hope this helps
    mike

Mike, Thanks for sharing your pictures. I find them inspirational. I see from the one shots that you have a heat treating department off to the side. I'll try to come up the learing curve a bit more before I seek plans. Thanks, Dugg

Hi,
    Err....just noticed these were other pages to this thread.

Anyway, nice thread.

Oracle 9
    did you find the plans? Just finished the design on the cabinet now I can finish the wiring drawings.
    mike

Hi,

Yes, found them in the "free plasma table plans" thread you have indicated. I didnt see there were other pages here. It looks like a good machine. Thanks.

Although, I am having trouble figuring out how the x-axis is set. I see the sideview of it in "X-axis mount" section. But trying to find the if this is on the left/right of the table or in the center? Maybe a top down view. Anyway, I am an amateur when it comes to looking at plans. I just need to spend a bit more time examining it.

That A9cad is a neat software.

bonjour si vous avez les plans de la table plasma sa minterese
    utiliser vous la r510b si oui vous en etes content la thc fonctionne
    t'ele bien

demande si quelqun est satisfais de la carte r510b de rutex
    si il ny a pas de probleme

Page 2 of 6 1234