584,842 active members*
4,295 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

selection help

Hello all,
    I am new to your forum, I am seeking advice concerning the quality, reliability, accuracy of Chinese, Taiwan, and Korean made Laser engravers.
    I am in the process of starting a home business and do not wish to spend a lot of money on this equipment but I also want something that is fairly reliable and I do not have to fidget with to operate on a daily basis.
    My head is spinning from all the choices so I am seeking your experience to guide me in my selection.
    Cost is my biggest concern, reliability and user interface/compatibility is also very important.
    Thanks in advance
    Dave

If price is main concern - Taiwan and Korea is not your choice. Look on China - here there is a lot of discussions/experience, but also look on US dealers like Legacy lasers, Ray Scott , ACE Lasers, FSE. At least you will have support.

Thank you for that data,
    I am slowly reading all the thread comments concerning procurement and quality from these China made Lasers.
    I have read a few horror story threads so I am adding the respective companies to my do not waste your time list.
    Follow on support is as important as the sale, thanks everyone for sharing your follow on support experiences.

Dave

It really depends on your requirements, (power, table size etc) and amount you want to spend.

Since you mentioned after sales support I would suggest a local supplier, even if the hardware is still of Chinese origin. The Taiwan made systems are several levels above in quality but support is not that much better, although less necessary.

Zax.

Have you looked at used units in the US? I got my ULS 25watt at a pretty good price, and now that I'm looking to upgrade, I'm having the same questions as you are. The ULS folks have been great to deal with, and I still buy spare parts from them !

Quote Originally Posted by ho-229 View Post
    Hello all,
    I am new to your forum, I am seeking advice concerning the quality, reliability, accuracy of Chinese, Taiwan, and Korean made Laser engravers.
    I am in the process of starting a home business and do not wish to spend a lot of money on this equipment but I also want something that is fairly reliable and I do not have to fidget with to operate on a daily basis.
    My head is spinning from all the choices so I am seeking your experience to guide me in my selection.
    Cost is my biggest concern, reliability and user interface/compatibility is also very important.
    Thanks in advance
    Dave

Hello all,
    Still sorting out the details in the selection process; thank you everyone for the helpful data.

I am very interested in knowing what the high failure items are in these systems if anyone would care to comment?

If you own a China, or Taiwan made unit I would like to hear about your customer satisfaction.

The used market also looks somewhat attractive.

Dave

I have an Exlas laser from XYZ-Tech. I love it! None of the nightmare problems you hear of from other companies. I still am able to get a response the same night most of the time, when I email tech support. I even was getting tech support over the Chinese new year... Try to get that somewhere else! Email me if you want a quote, they are coming out with a new Smart series that is a very nice looking desktop unit, and their servo series are extremely fast!

As for XYZ-Tech Company. They make quite sensible, robust machines but tech support is out of sense. I did repaire 1280 machine after few "servicemen" jobs.
    I had to send questions few times because there was no answer for first 2-3 emails. When they decided to answer it was useless.

Who did you contact? Because I've never had a problem getting information from them.

After several months of negotiation and research I purchased a laser… It is scheduled to arrive state side soon.

Upon sorting out the set-up I will follow-up with my critique of the quality and a functionality assessment.

Caveat emptor to all who buy from an overseas manufacture… It is very important that one studies the Importing/export trade in great detail or you will be soaked with what one can only deem as excessive fees for things that can be sorted out yourself.
    Overseas manufactures have little to no regard for import/export law and in doing so…. can put the importer (you) in legal hot water by there reckless actions.

Things did not exactly work well to say it lightly! Holding my breath and waiting to find out if XYZ-TECH has what it takes to make it right!:boxing:

What's wrong? Have you emailed me yet?

ho-229, you should read this forum carefully.
    XYZ-TECH is is TOTAL MISTAKE.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Cinematic2... Please elaborate on your blanket statement… You have everyone’s attention! :stickpoke

Dave

Just read this forum and you will know what I am talking about.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Many issues have been discovered upon initial operation of the machine purchased... these issues could be sorted out quickly with proper technical support.

Would anyone like to see the timeline, correspondence, and path forward provided for resolving these issues as they stand today?

It is not my intent to air out the laundry… only to find resolve with some of the issues I currently have outstanding and maybe possibly advise someone of things that may be encountered during a start-up operation and level of technical support you may receive.
    (chair)