585,885 active members*
6,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Stock error mx4 and 5
Page 1 of 2 12

Stock error mx4 and 5

Hi guys

I am having issues with stock in x4 and 5. I create a rough pass on an ID and it seems fine but it doesn't update the stock correctly. It is leaving stock where the toolpath clearly goes right thru. this causes retract and toolpath issues on operations that follow

Has anyone encountered this? or have any ideas what might be wrong?

thanks in advance for any insight its really appreciated!

I have done updates mu3 for x4 and mu1 for x5

This is a lathe part in case there is any confusion.

As you can see the toolpath goes straight thru the stock but it doesn't update?? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Avsfan135 View Post

This is a lathe part in case there is any confusion.

As you can see the toolpath goes straight thru the stock but it doesn't update?? WTF?
    Is the little red arrow in the operations manager above that operation? If it is it will not update. Drag it below that operation and it should. I'm not positive on this one, but feeling lucky.

No the arrow is below the operation.

The stock update worked for the chamfer and first section of the ID I think it's getting confused crossing that I'd groove.

But this is just one example I'm constantly having strange stuff happen with the stock. Either not updating or sometimes just appearing out of nowhere. I've even had it give me the collision with stock warning when the stick is deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by dtm View Post
    Is the little red arrow in the operations manager above that operation? If it is it will not update. Drag it below that operation and it should. I'm not positive on this one, but feeling lucky.
    I do appreciate the reply. Thank you.

I really think the error has to do with my computer somehow.

share the file you are showing and I will run it on my X5 if you like or if you send me the X4 file I can run it thru both and review.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    share the file you are showing and I will run it on my X5 if you like or if you send me the X4 file I can run it thru both and review.
    I would really appreciate that! Thank you! I'll send it tomorrow morning.

ok will look for it.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

review picture and then turn off Use Margins regen then turn back on.
    This is a issue to send to QC and I will take care of that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lathestock1.gif   lathestock2.gif  
    Cadcam

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    review picture and then turn off Use Margins regen then turn back on.
    This is a issue to send to QC and I will take care of that.
    Its not working for me.. I deleted stock, regen turn stock back on regen its still not right. Then I turned off use margins did and back on. No luck..

Maybe its a settings issue?? Graphics? crappy computer? (its not that crappy tho its actually fairly new)

I really appreciate your help!

Also what do you mean by review picture?

Ok give me speacs on the computer you are using.
    As for review picture showing that it is now correct and were was the check box for (Use Margins ).
    I did this on X5 Do you want me to do the same test on X4? it will be a diffrent computer to?
    Cadcam

Ok I'll get those specs from the IT guy (he "built" it) and get back to you.

As far as running it through X4 I don't think it is necessary I am moving more toward using only X5 anyhow

machine specs

HP Compaq dx2400 microtower
    pentium dual core
    [email protected] GHz
    2.6 GHz, 2.99 gb of RAM

if there is anything else you need let me know and I'll get it to ya

Yes sir what is the Video card that would be it.
    Cadcam

Ok the card is Intel G33/31 express chipset family

I can get more info if you need

ok a huge issue is the onboard video that sharse the ram. this computer after doing my home work is not for doing Cadcam work but for small bussness of duties. See if there is at least an option to add a better video card. this box may not.
    Cadcam

I can change the video card. Do you have a suggestion? What works best with mastercam?

go with a Quadro 1700 or 1800 card not to costly but made for this.
    Cadcam

Ok I'll get that card.

I just want to say thank you so much for all of your help. I really really appreciate it!

Page 1 of 2 12