585,761 active members*
4,045 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

14" color monitor for 11m

I have a Matsuura with a Fanuc control that the 14" color screen went bad in.

I have been searching for a cheaper solution for a monitor and have had not much luck. I see some, (not many) people have had success using a computer monitor. Most of the posts I see about it on the site are over a year old.

My question is has anybody found a sure fire way to do this with off the shelf components and if so is there a source or source list/instructions on how to do it?

2nd option is I know what is wrong with my screen (high energy coil thing that connects to CRT is cracked and arcing to the frame) does anybody have a non working monitor that they know that that particular part/board is good in?

Thanks in advance.

the solution is very simple. all you need is a LCD monitor and a scan converter board that changes the low sync signal from the machine to 31.5kHz VGA. You just need to figure out the wiring and solder in a VGA connector to the machines' custom monitor connector then plug them in and it just works.

I have used old TTL multiscan monitors in the past, but they are virtually non-existent now unfortunately, unless you have a re-recycler in your area that has very old stock.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

the 9" monochrome part number ending in '093' will sync up- weve used them in a pinch before just to keep a machine running, but hard to see as the softkeys dont line up, and it looks pretty stupid with the 9" behind the 14" bezel- but in a pinch...

you will likey not find a replacement flyback transformer for your existing screen- that is always what fails, fanuc stopped selling them at least ten years ago.

Bobby down at tennessee industrial (fanucworld.com) is having bolt in replacement screens made, they hold up well too- havent bought one in years, he might have more options on the shelf by now too.

We have replaced them with an LCD plug and play. Think it was industrial monitors or something like that. Was pricey though, think ~2500. But then again, how many hours you gonna loose trying to make something work.

I converted a 15TTF in an hour. at $100 per hour for a tech call out and $300 for a monitor plus around $50 for the converter, that's $2050 profit

with some industry knowledge and contacts flybacks can be found for later Fanuc monitors. I got hold of a few for the 15-series color VGA monitors some years ago. I bought their entire stock actually

most newer monitors from 15-series onwards are just VGA so no converter is required. just make a cable to convert the Fanuc Honda connector to VGA (i.e. cut it off and wire in a VGA plug) and simply plug and play.