585,902 active members*
4,451 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: esprit 2012

esprit 2012

Just got the new esprit in the mail. Just wondering if anyone has used it yet? Don't want to go ahead and load it up only to find new problems that we didn't have with 2011. Or the old problems that we've already ironed out.

Loaded it last week, and other than antivirus software not wanting to allow it, had no trouble. Seems to be running as good or better than 2011.

hello
    i am using esprit v2009 for my charmills edm wirecut robofil 290.
    i changed the post processor for some problems and it's working good. not any problem are exist.
    i wand to use 2011 or 2012 version of esprit.please send me the link for download or send it to my mail.
    thanks every one.

Esprit 2012 is one of the easiest updates that they have made to date. Aside from some antivirus troubles, in installs clean and does not break things as other updates have done.

We've upgraded to 2012 with no problems...BUT they changed the structure of the PARK cycle. If you've been using it you will have to modify your posts. The example they give in the post help doesn't work properly. IMO I does give you more control but when you have to modify 17 different posts...!!

Heads up! If you are going to upgrade to Windoz 7 and use 64 bit Esprit will run smoother except for one glitch we've noticed...sometimes the "KEEP" line function hangs and you have to use "TRIM" one time to trip it out of the hangup. Also if you happen to have a Charmilles wire with the Millenium control your CTExpert is dead in the water in 64 bit mode. We setup a virtual machine to bounce in and out of XP or 7.

Hope this helps

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Metalbender View Post
    We've upgraded to 2012 with no problems...BUT they changed the structure of the PARK cycle. If you've been using it you will have to modify your posts. The example they give in the post help doesn't work properly. IMO I does give you more control but when you have to modify 17 different posts...!!

Heads up! If you are going to upgrade to Windoz 7 and use 64 bit Esprit will run smoother except for one glitch we've noticed...sometimes the "KEEP" line function hangs and you have to use "TRIM" one time to trip it out of the hangup. Also if you happen to have a Charmilles wire with the Millenium control your CTExpert is dead in the water in 64 bit mode. We setup a virtual machine to bounce in and out of XP or 7.

Hope this helps

Greg
    Does anyone know if they have fixed the 64 bit problem with CTExpert? We are looking into getting Espirt specifically for our Charmilles Wire EDM. Any other feedback on Esprit 2012 with the CNC Millennium control?

Our IT guy told me that CT Xpert can't be supported...it's a Windoze 7 vs 8 bit DOS problem. Your only solution is to run XP in virtual mode with E2011 installed. The one thing I did figure out is that you can do all your Esprit file work in E2012 and then open that file up in E2011 on the virtual machine running XP. Esprit must have anticipated this problem because E2011 will tell you that the file was created with a "future version and may become unstable"...It runs just fine. I only use the virtual machine to create the TEC files and I set targets for the TEC and INI files to save to their respective folders in E2012.

IMO Charmilles needs to get their head out of their rear end and get themselves updated....8 bit DOS!!!????....really!!!!!!

Greg