585,948 active members*
3,658 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma MA40HA Tool change help

Okuma MA40HA Tool change help

Hello,

I have a Okuma MA40HA w/ 7000 control. I would like to understand a few things on my random pot magazine.

1) Does anyone know the parameter number that can be changed to make the tool #'s return to the matching tool pot #? Instead of random pot?

2) I have a job that has 2x 3" shell mills, if they are randomly placed consecutively, they well crash into eachother. I have read the manual and tried the following:

- Shell mill is tool #49, I specified the pot as #49, and changed tool # to 49L. I then changed Tool/pot 48 and 50 to "D" for dummy. I did a tool change with a random tool and everything was looking good, it placed my tool #49 back to pot #49. The problem was, when I called Tool #49 back in the spindle, it pulled up pot #2 and tool changed (Which POT #2 was empty...).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1) Does anyone know the parameter number that can be changed to make the tool #'s return to the matching tool pot #? Instead of random pot?

NO, you have no real control except to have all pots filled, then the used tool is put away before calling in the next ( not really a fast way to do things )

2) I have a job that has 2x 3" shell mills, if they are randomly placed consecutively, they well crash into eachother. I have read the manual and tried the following:

- Shell mill is tool #49, I specified the pot as #49, and changed tool # to 49L. I then changed Tool/pot 48 and 50 to "D" for dummy. I did a tool change with a random tool and everything was looking good, it placed my tool #49 back to pot #49. The problem was, when I called Tool #49 back in the spindle, it pulled up pot #2 and tool changed (Which POT #2 was empty...).

seems as if there is an operation wrong, pots not loaded with the correct tools or similar problem. Make sure tools are matched to the correct pots
    It could be a human error when placing the tools into the pots manually

you can set up the magazine to be 5 consecutive pots as D, empty, D, empty, D, then place the large tools in the spindle, THEN label their correct T numbers and ID them as Large, then put them away

make it simple and it will work
    this setting may work on some controls, may not on other. Difficult to recall, because it is the waste only
    called Tool #49 back in the spindle, it pulled up pot #2 and tool changed
    sure, it's human fault.
    There is illustrated chapter in manual how to set tolls. easy.
    1. Make sure, that empty pots in CNC tool settings are empty in magazine also.
    2. close and lock the magazine door
    3. take comfortable position in front of OSP.
    4. Manual mode, find tool settings screen
    The procedure looks like that:
    - clamp the spinde tool manually
    - set tool number L
    (check the syntacsis, if there must be comma, space). Tool number is tool number in part program. For instance all drills are 500 ... 600. No relation to magazine capacity or tool pot.
    ATC start. Since next tool is zero, Your present tool goes to magazine with two D pots next to it.
    it's good occasion to set tool length before ATC start BTW.
    except to have all pots filled, then the used tool is put away before calling in the next
    can You explain more details? One client of mine is using that method: one tool in spindle and no empty pot in magazine Tools are cycling in the magazine pots.
    Does it makes a difference, if no tool in the spindle?
    If control puts the tool to it's pot back and goes to next tool after, this is only because of settings. Useful in case, if one side of ATC arm can't operate