585,951 active members*
4,129 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Door interlocks

Hi, I would be very grateful if someone could tell me how to disable the door interlocks through the parameters (to help with setting) on a Poreba TRP93N lathe with Fanuc o-t controller. Thank you.

door locks

you can only disable the lock by mechanical / electrical methods, parameters has no control over doorlocks.

The interlocks and the interlock enable/disable key are enabled/disabled through the PMC parameters (D-DATA and G-DATA) and the ladder controls it but most of the info is secret and also they are machine-specific so if I tell you the ones I know it won't help you with your control unless your machine and control is identical to mine (0% likely).

Depending on the type of machine and controller you can enable the key on the panel (if it is disabled) to allow you to have the door open when the machine runs but the rapid and tool index is 50% of normal speed and you can only run it in single block mode. If your key is already enabled just use the key and you can do some things like move turret with handle & jog chuck with the door open. Depending on PMC parameter settings you may be able to do more or even have full control when the key is in the 'Interlock Disable' position.

For convenience the easiest way is to unbolt the piece of metal that goes through the interlock and leave it in the interlock switch then the machine will think the door is closed all the time. But at the end of the program you need to add M0 and M99 **BEFORE** M30. If you read an M30 the machine will insist you open the door meaning you will need to remove the metal piece from the interlock switch and put it back in again.