585,987 active members*
4,178 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Drive torque and pull out torque

Drive torque and pull out torque

Hi!
    I am reading different catalogs and some of them define the Drive torque/speed curves like this one:
    Catalogue - Vacuum Stepper Motors VSS / VSH: 19 -125 mm in Diameter - PHYTRON - (Version JPG) - page 6

And other catalogs give the pull out torque/speed, I think this is the most common one.

I would like to know if they are the same, or what's the relationship between them because I don't find anything about the drive torque.

another questison, sometimes catalogs only give the holding torque data, is it possible to know the pullout torque from this data?

As far as I know, "Drive" and "Pull-out" torque are the same. I don't believe there is a reliable way to relate holding torque to pull-out torque, as it can vary from 1/2 to as little as a 1/10th of the holding torque AND it changes with the speed.

techref.massmind.org/techref/torque.htm

I'll be very interested to see if anyone else comes up with a better way of estimating it.
    James hosts the single best wiki page about steppers for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/steppers.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)