585,754 active members*
4,674 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots > Open source generic component feeder
Page 3 of 3 123
    Ola Fernando,

good to hear you want to get into P&P machines. I'll send the files in ACAD/MDT 2004 format to your PM. Let me know if this works.
    However, you may want to check out used feeder option.
    Siemens feeders such as 141105 used on SP120/HS180/MS102 machines sell for ~$50-$100, that can be as low as $25 per track.

Regards,
    Stefan

Hello Stefan

Thanks a lot for your quick response ,
    Yes please send Cads ,
    Here in Spain we don´t have acess to used machines or used parts , I check all the web , but I can´t find too much .
    Please if you know some place or contact , please let me know .

Here in Spain , we only have a lot of Sun ....

Thanks and Regards

Fernando

Well, I know about the sun. Used to live in Mallorca for some time.
    The best contact I have is Adopt in Austria AdoptSMT GmbH - Used Machines and Spare Parts for the Automatic PCB Assembly Process - Index

I have no longer contributed to this site, due to lack of readers.

For anyone, who wants to pick up from here, I have at least two more ideas on how to improve on current feeder designs.

1. I do believe the tape can be advanced just by pulling on the cover tape, versus advancing through the perforation holes.
    2. A sprocket wheel may not be required if the tape position is sensed with sensors at the perforation holes. (will not work with clear plastic tapes)
    3. The cover tape can be molten down and stuck to the tape side. I experimented with a solder iron with some success. A laser may not work as it may just “look” through the clear plastic.

Again anyone picking up from here, I’ll provide logistic support and may find some motors and parts as well.

On the robot Tom and I came to the conclusion in the WikiPlacer project, that a linear delta robot may be the best solution.
    Personally I like the almost unlimited Z-clearance, allowing connectors to be placed with the same speed as small parts.

It appears that Linux based EMC2 can take X,Y,Z,theta data and translate these to spheres used for these robots.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgnxBaFFDi8]Linear delta-robot test - YouTube[/ame]

Mechanically, I have no idea how long these ball joints last
    McMaster-Carr
    and have used bearings or bushings instead. Again, I’ll share all my drawings upon request.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wikiplacer7.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 123