We are running the blade runner system on a precision plasma table. So we set the rotary chuck up today for our plasma table, I have to machine a couple of brackets tomorrow for the limits. Looking at the tube slicer program it looks simple enough to operate. Here is where the questions come in. I am wanting to cut bevels and also oval holes within the pipe. For example, The pieces out of 1 3/4 DOM will be around 6" long, I want to cut a oval area on one side 3" long by 1/2" wide, then I want the pipe to rotate 90 degrees slice 5" then rotate 180 degrees and do it again, and then come back and cut 1/2 the diameter of the pipe around essentially giving you a L shaped pipe with a oval hole in it. I am including a link to what I am trying to achieve. I understand the link is of a machined part, I am not trying to cut round stock..lol.

Polaris RZR Roll Cage Bungs [ATR-CAG-1001] - $45.00 : ATR Polaris RZR Accessories, Polaris RZR Parts, Can Am Outlander Parts, Can Am Renegade Accessories, ATV Power Steering

Here is the question, after reading the the tube slice stuff I am not sure I can achieve this. How am I suppose to set up my art to do this? Will this have to be a 3d drawing? I have searched for information on this and have not found anything. I have no problem doing the research or the reading if there is something already out there. I will also post this on other forums trying to get my answers. We use illustrator we export straight to dxf straight to sheet cam. We also use ink scape some times.

Also off topic has anyone ever used proximity switches for home limit switches. I am going to pick 1 up tomorrow so I can set the home for the rotary chuck. I am not thrilled about using a lever type limit switch on the rotary. I am an industrial instrument tech and I use proximity for speed pickups where my controller counts pulses to give me a differental in speed between two moving parts. I think this will not be an issue since its not moving at a high rpm, the proximity should not have an issue with over run. Is there any way to set any kind of dead band in the blade runner system?