585,722 active members*
4,149 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > Are there pre-built 4axis gecko driver boxes?

Are there pre-built 4axis gecko driver boxes?

Are there prebuilt all inclusive functioning 4axis geck driver boxes that works out of the box and selling to Canada? (e.g. includes power supply etc).

Also what is the total cost of building one yourself? Where do you buy the proper power supply etc? I've seen some sell for more than 1K for a 4Axis and that price is a little too high.

Depending on which Geckos, what size power supply, and whatever else is included, the price can vary greatly, whether you purchase it pre-built, or build it yourself.

Can you be more specific about what you're looking for?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I want to run my 4 axis system to replace the existing electronics which have a lot of problems.

My mill has NEMA 23 mounting brackets so I am limited to nema 23 steppers. I want to get the Gecko G540 because it seems its their best one.

What else do I need and where do I buy it? The Gecko G540 comes with 4 connectors which I have to solder wires onto right? Where do I buy the wires bundles with the rubber outer diameter covers?

Also, I want to use my existing mill enclosure so I am limited to motor body length of no more than ~58mm, so maybe 270ozin torque bipolar steppers ones may fit.

Where do I buy the power supply, enclosure, E-stop buttons etc?

I dont mind building myself, I just dont wana bother with any missing components (e.g. wires, enclosure etc) which will waste another month ordering and waiting for jsut one missing component etc. A complete kit is a good idea, or I can order everything I need now upfront.

So what is the bare minimum to get a functioning controller based on the G540? I need: (1) Gecko G540, (2) suitable power supply, (3) four NEMA 23 steppers , (4) enclosure, and (5) wires? Is that bare minimum? E-stop, limit switch and enclosure fans are all extras right? So the five things above are bare minimum?

Lets theoretically use kelinginc as a reference, does this work:

(1) Driver board (Gecko Driver) $239
    1 X Stepper Motor Diver G540 4 Axis driver Current New Version
    with A complete Motor Connector Set of four 9 pin modules

(2) Power supply (Switching Power Supply) $129.95
    1 X KL-600-48 48V/12.5A

(3) Four Steppers (Stepper Motor) $112
    4 X NEMA 23 BIPOLAR STEPPER MOTOR 185 oz-in

(4) Enclosure $79.95
    1 X KL-G540-48 4 Axis CNC Stepper Motor Driver Controller Aluminum
    Housing With; E-Stop, Switch, Toggle Switch, Power outlet

This leaves wires I dont know where is best to buy from.

Hello,
    You can get a G540 control enclosure from Kelling and they have the EMO switch, power supplies and other switches and electrical sockets to fit in the enclosure. It all fits together pretty well and has all the cutouts included in the enclosure so you simply install the G540, power supply, and switches etc. and make your connections.
    Regards,
    Wes

Do you mean kelinginc like the links I have posted?

Quote Originally Posted by noobCNC View Post
    Do you mean kelinginc like the links I have posted?
    Yes, but when I posted that information the links were not listed in your post.
    I figured you just added it to your post after my reply when I came back to see if there were any other replies.
    Regards,
    Wes

I am also looking to replace/upgrade from the toshiba all in one board (headaches) and was looking at the G540, i have a power supply, switch and motors from my current setup, what else is requires to get the G540 working can anyone tell me. I have searched for the last 3 days trying to make sure i got everything fuigured correctly but just not 100% positive and need to be budget wise before i pull the trigger on a purchase.

Thanks in advance!

Chris