584,862 active members*
5,708 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Error e003 chinesse sx6040 spindle wont start

Error e003 chinesse sx6040 spindle wont start

Hello.
    I just bought a cheap SX6040 cnc router machine, being an absolute noob, i've noticed that right from the moment i first turned the machine on,
    the spindle wont start and it gives me an error "E003" in the front panel display.
    googling around i found the manual for the nowforever vfd (all new words for me) and i found in the manual that the error means "DC over voltage fault" but i have no idea what it means,
    or what should i do.
    i've checked the mains and it doesn't seem to have over voltage,

i've managed to connect the machine to mach3 and all the axis motors seem to work OK.
    and i wanted to make mach3 to control the spindle in case there is something not configured correctly in the vfd.
    but so far i can't find out how to set up mach3 to start the spindle.

any help would be much apreciated either to help me with the error on the vfd, or to learn how to set up mach3 to start the spindle from there.

thanks

Re: Error e003 chinesse sx6040 spindle wont start

i've found the solution.

i decided to open the control box, and in there i saw the power source which is switchable to 220v and 110v AC. (i have 220v here).
    and i saw the Nowforever vfd, and on the side of the vfd the scripture "input 115v AC", so i got out my muti tester, and measured the input voltage on the vfd.
    to my surprise it was receiving 220v. now i was able to see the "over voltage" described by the error "E003" (more like double the voltage it should be).
    the solution for me was to use an external voltage regulator transformer, and voila! now the spindle works like a charm....
    oh gosh i feel so lucky that the over voltage didn't burn my vfd or my spindle...

the lesson is:
    even if you can change the voltage from 110 to 220, it doesn't mean that it will actually work in another voltage from the one they set the machine to work on, when they put it together....

maybe all this would help someone in the future.

SOLVED!

Cuanta potencia tiene el transformador que usted ha usado. Gracias