584,866 active members*
5,153 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

How to unlock/change password on Bandit VI controller

Anyone know how to resest the root password on a Bandit VI?

I have what was supposed to be the Root password, it lets me in, and the mill works fine, however many diag functions, and access control functions are not allows with this logon password.

Thanks.

I've never seen a Bandit VI.

Now with due consideration for the preservation of all parameters, settings, ladder, etc, is there anything like a battery to power a CMOS chip? Removing said battery may kill absolutely everything, after which you would need to reload stuff. If the control uses a PLC ladder, maybe that file is protected with its own password, which would likely persist even after a reinstall.

I'd suggest making a call to Albright's cnc support services in Bozeman, MT. Len Albright might be familiar with this model.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

battery good shot.....if it has a novram (nov-Volitiale) memory....or flash rom...or eeprom....check with manfacture web site see if there's a firmware update...tha'll put in new conditions....

Quote Originally Posted by HuFlungDung
    I've never seen a Bandit VI.

Now with due consideration for the preservation of all parameters, settings, ladder, etc, is there anything like a battery to power a CMOS chip? Removing said battery may kill absolutely everything, after which you would need to reload stuff. If the control uses a PLC ladder, maybe that file is protected with its own password, which would likely persist even after a reinstall.

I'd suggest making a call to Albright's cnc support services in Bozeman, MT. Len Albright might be familiar with this model.

Thanks for the advise!

I called Len and asked. He's very helpful and definatly a great resource for these machines. He gave me the AB original password, but unfortunately, that password had been changed as well.

I tried different combinations of the four letter password and ended up figuring out three user passwords (mostly names like Jack, Cake, and a four letter word that can't be repeated), but still couldn't figure out the root password. Then just by luck, I looked up at the Emergency Stop button and figured I'd give the word "Stop" a try. Bingo! That was it.

Thanks Guys!

Oh, you hacker you!!
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by HuFlungDung
    Oh, you hacker you!!
    In a past life I was a computer programmer for 10 years, but that didn't have too much to do with it.

On another note, what's the best way to make a serial cable from the 25 pin CNC panel to 9 pin on the PC.

I've got the machine configured for 9600 baud, N81 no flow control.

The serial cable that I made is pins 2-3 null modem, 4 and 5 jumpered, 8 and 20 jumpered, and 7 strait through.

Is there anything else I need. Max length may be the issue here, the cable inside the machine is 22 feet, and I have a 7 foot cable that I made in addition to go to the computer.

Thanks,
    Mike

How do i change my password