So I came across my SPI/USB cable this weekend... [if I ever catch the little buggers who keep moving my stuff from box to box in my shop I'm gonna have him/her burnt at the stake] When I connect to my VSD-A using the GDtool [latest for VSD-A downloaded from site] I cannot get a connection.

I'm leaving the DC power disconnected and only a 18vdc logic power connected. No jumpers on the programing header, CMD cable off and I keep getting that 'check cables' error message. [I have tried it w/ the HV-DC connected the CMD cable on and every other combination I could think of with the same result]

I did some reading on here and found Tero's 'Cable checking' tool. Tried it and got a 'good cable' result.

Tried to connect again to the drive and nothing..

What else can a guy do to check this out? When I power the unit up I have a red and green flashing LED, after trying to connect from the PC the LED's are blank [not flashing or lit]. I've tried connecting w/ the Firmware jumper on to see if I could load the latest firmware [my unit's have one of the original firmwares] but no luck there either.

This is a left over drive from a lot of 4 unit's I'd bought years ago [when they first came out..] but never used [been in the original box for all these years].

I need to get this thing back up and running. I've got a long weekend coming and a large machining job which would/could run all weekend if the machine was running.. [crunch time on a large job... I know I know.. I shouldn't be making machine mods in the middle of a job. However circumstance outside my control has forced my hand..(chair)]

Thanks