585,667 active members*
4,011 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Lasercut 5.1 Software HELP!

H E L P!...

Could someone PLEASE explain to me where you set the PPI (Pulse Per Inch) settings in this Lasercut 5.1. I am LOST ...or stupid? I cannot find where to do this? A picture would be great along with an explanation but any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    David

Hi my friend,
    all the changes need to be made in machine setup go to option - system options-manufacturer parameter or user parameter
    I am using the lasercut 5.2
    greetings
    walt

David, it is called Scan Gap in laser Cut 5.3 likely same in 5.1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scan gap setting in lasercut5.3.jpg  

Thank you ..

Thank you very much Ken.. I really appreciate that.

Pulses per inch

Ken,
    I notice your scan gap is set to the same as mine is..
    I'm reading articles saying that when you cut acrylics this should be set to
    200 ??? That is a HUGE difference? Have you tried different settings on yours?
    Thanks again
    David

David,
    I have not so much as got mine to do much more then burn paint, really starting to frustrate me, about to let it just set there and look pretty. Your question was the exact one I asked support and the same picture they sent me with no hint of any suggestions for different material so can't help there, hopefully others with experience may chine in.

ken

Hi again Ken..

Ken..
    I don't know what machine you have bought but I have the LG900 and I love it.
    There are some things I do not understand yet but I'm learning. I think what you told me for the Pulse Settings is incorrect because that setting is for engraving and not available in Cutting, so it must be something different. We will find out..
    If I can be of any assistance to you please send me your phone number in an email and I will call you. Maybe I can help?
    [email protected]
    Thanks
    David

David, thank you for the offer, very generous of you.
    I have the EXLAS 1410 with 130watt.

Maybe you know this answer.

I have read on other laser forums that the convex goes up on the focal lens, while in the operators manual it says down and when I asked support they say it makes no difference.

How is your lens installed?

I see what you are talking about now on the gap setting, not available on 5.3 either for cut.

Lens Convex

Lens Convex is 100% for sure "DOWN" facing the table..
    That is amazing they told you NO difference..
    Hold the lens piece in your hand... and view through it from both sides.
    Are your lens alignments all accurate?
    A good article to read is this one.. it explains how to check and set everything.
    LENS SETUP

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Shea View Post
    I have read on other laser forums that the convex goes up on the focal lens, while in the operators manual it says down and when I asked support they say it makes no difference.
    Both theory, professional machines manufacturers and american producers say: CONVEX GOES UP.
    Chinese manufacturers: CONVEX DOWN.

You may use it as you wish. Some people prefer UP, some DOWN.
    CNC lasers, constructions, service

Hi there,
    I always try it because I did find some couriousyty with the replacement focal lenses .
    I do it so:
    I put a piece of wood on the table, then put the lense in one way and hit the laser test,
    then I turn the lense around and set the head a bit next to the first point on the wood and hit the laser test again . the I compare both points on the wood and I go with the smalest one. this gives me the results I want.
    greetings
    walt

David, did find out that the scan gap cannot be set in LaserCut while in cut mode only engrave.

That software should not even be in beta as yet let alone be sold as functional software. Mine does not even have a help file and the user manual is just about useless.

Ken

Hi Guys,
    The "scan gap" refers to the distance between the engraving lines and the bigger the scan gap the wider apart the lines are.
    I don't have LaserCut5.1 so I might be putting you on a bum steer here but in the "Manufacturers Parameters" there should be a setting for "Pulses" or something like that to be able to set the pulses for the steps per mm. You need to input your password to be able to set this setting.
    If you show us a screen grab of the software then we can get you on the right path. the software is actually pretty good once you get to grips with how it works. Most of the Chinese software is based on this program it seems.
    Press "Ctrl + Print Scrn" (above the "Insert" Key) to do a screen grab. That gets copied to the clip board and all you need to do then is to open microsoft paint and open a new document then "paste" the screen grab into it. The you can save it as a .jpg file and post here.
    Alternatively you can download a free screen grab program like MWSnap which is very good.
    Richard.
    I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example.

Richard,
    This is the reply from the factory
    "it can not be set in lasercut5.3, you can only set the scan gap in lasercut5.3 while engraving."

Will you show a picture of how/where you are changing this setting?

Thanks
    Ken

Hiya Ken,

Scan gap and PPI are totally different things, PPi is Pules Per Inch and controls how many times over a given distance the beam actually fires. Scan gap is the distance between each "line" when engraving.

As far as I know PPI is not user definable in Lasercuts software unless you have the admin password and many suppliers won't provide the password as some of the settings if changed can damage the machine.

best wishes

Dave

Thanks Dave, that clears up a lot of confusion.

Ken