585,996 active members*
4,502 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help CNC / Diamant tools

Hello

I am new to the CNC world and Stone world, i work since 2008 at a stone company that does restauration and reconstruction in natural stone, mostly we use a 4Axis Bridge machine(GMM Blizz) for profile work and 90% of the work we use blades.

Recently we have a bought a new machine (CMS Brembana G-Rex) I have started to use the machine about 2 weeks ago for a project we need to delivery, till now its going ok, the machine is not working 100% i am still running in to errors that need to be solve, but my biggest problem is tooling.

Current i am using Nicolai tools, but feeds and speeds that they have for the tools are some times a little bit skechty.

For this work mostly i am using segment wheels on a hard material (Irish Blue stone) with a spindle speed of 4400, 3mm removal , 500 Fixed feed and a width of cut 80mm and takes a lot of time to... to complete a piece the machine is about 25 / 35 hours.

Maybe is some one out there that can give some advice/tips in tooling.

Also if some one owns similar machine i am open to info.

I have google a lot for CNC/Stone info but mostly i can find nothing worthy.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wheels.gif  

that sounds very very slow, any chance you can get a video of the machine doing the job? my email is [email protected]

Anthony

Hi Emptystr

I programmed (with Alphacam) and used a Brembana G-Rex for two and a half years for restauration work, including scanning and implementing 3D sculpture stuff.
    14 Days ago I quited the job and went back to basics...Stonemason/Sculpture work by hand, at the base of a church in Brussels, in a makeshift shelter.
    Reason to leave: Not being payed as I schould have been...
    My former employer is still looking for a Alphacam Stone programmer as I was the only experienced AC Stone one in Belgium :-)

About your tool question:
    Try to use a smaller with of cut with a higher speed --> the evacuation of sludge and cooling will be better.
    Check your spindle load amps with the CMS electrospindle software that came with the G-Rex...go for 20 Amps max.
    Go for galvanic wheels...I used the 85mm ones at speeds up to 1200mm/min with 3mm removal in Belgian BlueStone.
    I've once tested prototype wheel for Nicolaï Diamant and got it up to 4000mm/min (3mm removal) in Massangis Jaune Claire...without any protest.
    Use 'Open Pocket' strategy's and lower in Z outside your workpiece...go for 6 to7 mm removal at 700mm/min, 30mm overlap with a 85mm wheel.

(Een Baldakijn van bijna 1 cuub, beeldhouwwerk incluis, frees je in een weekend.)

Succes!!!