585,877 active members*
3,385 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Differences from V23 to V24

Differences from V23 to V24

So, I upgraded to version 24 some time ago and for the most part I'm happy with the upgrade. The other day I opened a part that I had designed and created on my mill using V23 and upgraded to V24 and simply moved the part to zero from a new point and some other small changes. I regenerated the toolpath and interestingly the tool path on the Z Level Finish, isn't the same? I checked that I was using my post processor from V23 and I am (since I had made changes over time to it).

Attached is a screen shot of the differences along with the actual V24 drawing. I've double checked everything, even recreated the surfaces and tried to regenerate and the .031 square endmill won't make the same cuts around the lettering.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

I loaded your part into V23 and put the Z-level finish on it and it looks just as it does in V24 and in the top part of your screenshot.

Do you have the V23 file to look at? (I am assuming that this is the bottom part of your screenshot)

Ah, I re-loaded your part with an epiphany...

In your file you have a solid of your model, though you also have "Individual letter solids". For the word "Injected" (Part of that word is blanked) although only a "4" after that.. If I select the single letter solids for the word Injected, then the toolpath looks just as the bottom part of your last screenshot. So I can create BOTH of the toolpaths you show there, with different geometry selections.... You need to review this in your file for the results you want to get.

Hmmm. Not sure how that happened. I removed those letters that were blanked out and reselected the geometry and recompute and still, the tool doesn't pass between all the letteres (.031). The original V23 did work.

Did I miss something? Attached is my file updated.

Thanks for you help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The only thing I noticed was that my v23 and V24 compute the same toolpath with the file you posted. Whats changes the toolpath was if i selected "just the solid letters" as opposed to the large solid object... Something must be different about the 2 files.. We would need to see the original V23 file to spot the difference.

So, I completely tore down the model to wire frames, ensured that the line geometry was optimized. Then created new surfaces, extruded and so forth.

I selected just the extruded surfaces for the z level finish and still no luck. May have to just use the V23 version I had...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png  

Please Send Both Files To Me

Please send Both Files V23 And V24 to me Via Email - Sowen @ Bobcad.com
    Or Just post a zip here...

I will be happy to re-review this for you. The one file provided here has been submitted to our development department.