584,802 active members*
4,930 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Bridgeport interact 412 tool changer does not slow b4 tool change

Bridgeport interact 412 tool changer does not slow b4 tool change

Hi,

I have a Bridgeport interact 412 Machine and the tool changer does not slow b4 tool change or when it goes back after a tool change. I have tried adjusting the air cylinder screw with the 2 lock nuts and i have also tried bleed the 2 brass screw
    needle valves that are on top of the air cylinder but it hasn't changed much.

Any suggestions would be great !!!
    Thanks so much !!

Did you ever find a solution to this? I just bought one of these and am having the same issue just got done trying the same things you did.... no luck.

No luck figuring it out. I have been running the machine the way it is.

I just found out what is causing it, The pneumatic cylinder that makes the tool changer go in and out has a bad cushioning seal on one end of it. The cushioning mechanism provides a pillow of air on either end the stroke since the seal is bad it doesn't create that pillow of air and just leaks around the seal and slams. So that is what the problem is the fix however it's tough I can't find that seal anywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like we need to get a new pneumatic cylinder. I wonder if they still make them. When i get some time i will look and see if i can find them . If you find one please let me know and i will do the same. Thanks for letting me know.

I just went to my local Parker dealer and had him look for the seal he couldn't find anything. But he did give me a few leads of other stores to try, I am still going to try to find the cushion seal rather than replace the whole cylinder. But if it comes down to it I guess that's what I will have to do. Thanks for the help on this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk