586,005 active members*
5,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > What 3rd party program can edit TPATT files?

Smile What 3rd party program can edit TPATT files?

I would like to be able to edit the default tool pattern programs in Bobcad V23. Specifically, I want to duplicate the "HOLE" function, and call it "HOLE - NO CENTER DRILL". That way, I can obviously be able to select this drilling function without having the center drill fuction in there. I know that Bobcad will let me delete the center drill step out of its existing HOLE operation. But as I said, I want to make a COPY of the HOLE function, and edit that copy to no longer have a center drill step - that way I can select either operation at will. BOBCAD 23 doesn't have an option to add or rename an operation - you can just edit the existing operations.

I opened the ToolPattern.TPATT file in Notepad & Excel to see if I could directly edit it, but it is made up of a bunch of special characters, so the file is incomprehensible in Notepad & Excel.

So, Does any one know how to ADD and RENAME an operation to the tool pattern menu?

Or, Does any one know of the format that the TPATT in, and what 3rd party program can open and edit it properly?

Thanks for your time!

Quote Originally Posted by mmedina View Post
    I would like to be able to edit the default tool pattern programs in Bobcad V23. Specifically, I want to duplicate the "HOLE" function, and call it "HOLE - NO CENTER DRILL". That way, I can obviously be able to select this drilling function without having the center drill fuction in there. I know that Bobcad will let me delete the center drill step out of its existing HOLE operation. But as I said, I want to make a COPY of the HOLE function, and edit that copy to no longer have a center drill step - that way I can select either operation at will. BOBCAD 23 doesn't have an option to add or rename an operation - you can just edit the existing operations.

I opened the ToolPattern.TPATT file in Notepad & Excel to see if I could directly edit it, but it is made up of a bunch of special characters, so the file is incomprehensible in Notepad & Excel.

So, Does any one know how to ADD and RENAME an operation to the tool pattern menu?

Or, Does any one know of the format that the TPATT in, and what 3rd party program can open and edit it properly?

Thanks for your time!
    You can already do this within BobCAD, you don`t need any third party software, it is easy to create as many Tool Pattern files as you like, name them as you like and simply call the particular file up as required when setting up any Feature.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CREATING TOOL PATTERN FILES.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	146024

Hope that`s what you were looking for :cheers:

Regards
    Rob

:rainfro::rainfro::rainfro:

Thanks EngineGuy, that is what I've settled upon doing, although it is not ideally what I wanted. It'll work, though!