585,753 active members*
4,020 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile Question about alarm EZ-trak II

We run our machine in 3 axis mode almost always. But now
    We are getting a "Alarm - Hit any Key "" but the machine seems to be stuck
    in this state. Wonder if anybody might know what is going on with this.
    Thanks

when does the alarm happen? I get I belive the same alarm when the travel distance is futher than the machine can go. There is the posibility the connection on the computor boards may need a good cleaning.

Does the srevos stay engaged or shut off?

These are realy cool little machines with some strange little quirks. We just recantly took the hard drive out and replaced it with a "memory stick" no moving parts, it seems to work great.

John

Question about alarm EZ-trak II

It happens when we 1st boot up the machine.
    We discovered a reset button in the back of the cabinet and
    I believe that took care of that issue . But now our black and white monitor
    looks like an old TV that needs horizontal hold fixed. Any thoughts on that issue

Thanks for getting back with me about the alarm.

I think there is some adjustments on the inside of the user panel, but first try unpluging the cable in case it has got dirty. And from what a freind told me is that you can put a full size color monitor on it. Aparently he bout one with no user panel at all.

Good luck

John

Quote Originally Posted by Verfur
    I think there is some adjustments on the inside of the user panel, but first try unpluging the cable in case it has got dirty. And from what a freind told me is that you can put a full size color monitor on it. Aparently he bout one with no user panel at all.

Good luck

John
    There were several version of this monitor. Most were VGA but voltage supplies varied. Since the problems appear multiple, you might check all the power supplies for proper levels and noise as a start.

I just replaced our EZ Path screen with one of these units. It is 12vdc and required a DC adapter since the old one was 110ac. No big deal. I keep the hours low by turning off the screen when not in use.

There were no direct replacements of our version of CRT. This did take some grinding handy work modifications to the plastic bezel, but turned out very nice and in color.

EMI may have replacement screens for your version. Just be sitting down when you read the quote!

DC