584,866 active members*
5,030 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Win a KX1 mill at Cabin Fever Expo, Jan 13, 2012

Its time to start thinking about Cabin Fever Expo, January 13-15, 2012 See Home

This year we will be doing another seminar, with a raffle to win a KX1 milling machine from Little Machine Shop LittleMachineShop.com - Milling Machine CNC

The seminar is titled "CNC for the model Engineer, from art to part" We will show you how to take a part drawing from a printed article or book, plan the work holding, develop the Gcode needed to run the part, then setup the mill and run the part. We will show several examples, running each one right to making the parts. We will be using Cut2D from Vectric as well as the Mach wizards to make the parts.

The Seminar will be conducted by Ron Ginger and Brian Barker.

Seating is limited to fit the classroom, so everyone will have a good view of the work, and a good chance at winning. Ticket sales are by Little Machine Shop, so visit their web for the details. Tickets are $60, with $10 of that for admission to the Expo, so with one ticket you are good for the seminar, the auction and 2 days to see the expo. Last year tickets sold out well before the seminar, so if you want to be there get your ticket early.

This year Tormach has added a great second prize of $750 worth of Tormach Quick Change tooling. Additionally there will be copies of Mach3 and Cut2d. You do not have to be present to win, so if you are simply a gambling man you can have a chance to win a mill worth over $4000 for a $60 ticket. But you would miss the Ron and Brian Show :-)

Cabin Fever Expo is always a great event, the seminar is a nice addition to let you learn something and maybe win a great prize. Someone is going home with a KX1 milling machine, complete with a Tormach PC.

ron ginger

I have just received a new prize to add to the seminar. We will have a brand new Ethernet based smoothstepper, bundled with a Mach3 license, to be the 3rd place prize.

This is like the USB smoothstepper, except using ethernet. That should help in some of the cases where USB had ground loop problems. Ethernet is much more tolerant of noise and ground loops. This unit also has more I/O- essentially 3 parallel ports. That will be great for adding more controls, or maybe big operator control panels.

Tickets are still available, but going fast. Last year we sold out before the show date.

what is the class size going to be

Seminar Class Size

There will be 50 to 70 people in the classroom.

Here is a direct link to the "product" to purchase a ticket:
    LittleMachineShop.com - Seminar: "CNC in the Model Engineer's Shop: From Art to Part," at Cabin Fever Expo 2012
    Chris Wood
    LittleMachineShop.com

Thanks for the link, you have a new customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wood View Post
    There will be 50 to 70 people in the classroom.

Here is a direct link to the "product" to purchase a ticket:
    LittleMachineShop.com - Seminar: "CNC in the Model Engineer's Shop: From Art to Part," at Cabin Fever Expo 2012
    Now I only have two issues, one is being distracted by the auction and the other is staying awake (a night shift worker). You can't help with either of those though.

By the way a nice shopping experience, I was able to quickly order the ticket and a four bolt clamp for my 9x20. That away from my computer on my iPad. Please give your software team my compliments.

Dont worry, the dynamic duo od Brian and I will keep everyone awake :bs: