584,808 active members*
5,053 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Anilam 1100 Codes?

Wanting to write to the Tool diameter register from the program, is this possible?

Nothing in my manual addressing this.

The 1100 can run some G-code if you put the @ sign as the very first character. If you use the 'comment' button the control to enter a line like this: *@ T1 D.500 L-1.234 M6, then save it, scroll back up to it and press "0" to remove the *, I'm pretty sure that will ignore the tool page and make T1 in that program run at .500 dia and -1.234 length.
    If that works, then you can try putting a "C" at the end of the line and it might write to the tool page. ( @ T1 D.500 L-1.234 M6 C) It does on Anilam G-coded controls with work offsets.
    If it writes to to the tool page but doesn't actually use the values immediately, then you might have to call the tool one more time. Tool #1 should re-call the tool from the tool page and use the new offsets.
    If you download a programming manual from the Anilam website for either a 5000M or 6000M control, they have some examples of how to use some other tricks to change tool sizes. One is called a #1030 stock variable.
    Same format applies. @ #1030= .015 would either add or subtract .015 from the current tool. I forget which.

Wink

Great !! I tried the code and it works on my 1100M writing to the Tool, adding the C to the end did not work. Thanks this was exactly what I wanted to do. Mike

hey guys
    I just bought a ajax mill with an Anilam 1100 controller, to replace a semco with a acurite controller. i have a few questions about this machine.
    first i was wondering if there is a way of disehgaging the z axis and use the quill as a manual mill for drilling etc.
    second is there conversational programming method available for the anilam controller similar to that of the acu rite?

Hi There, I am getting an error on my anilam 1100 dro - "analogue voltage to spindle - option not available" could anyone help me with this? the spindle only turns on for a moment and then shuts off , same in reverse, and also the coolant pump does the same. i would be grateful of any help, thanks.

Hi bigbadtom,
    Assuming that you do (or did) have control of the coolant on/off and spindle fwd/rev + speed control, that was an option over the basic control functions. There was usually a rectangular dongle key attached to the printer port. Might even be inside the electrical cabinet directly attached to the computer box. When either your program line, or any spindle/coolant/other m-function gets read (even from the tool page), it checks to see if the key is there. I don't think it is seeing the key, therefore the message.
    When you power up the control, I believe in the upper right there is a 'serial i.d' number or something to that effect. Like an 8-10 digit number. If it is all zero's, the key, cable or printer port is bad.
    Hope this helps. - Tim

Re: Anilam 1100 Codes?

Hi tpodgwaite, I have a Semco turret mill with 1100m working great problem is when i upload program to control, and use draw to run the program i get the message (Illegal address 'T') there is no list of error messages in the manual to explain its meaning. I have cut program down to bare minimum, tried .M & .NC ext on prog name. the programs I am trying to upload from edgecam post I am writing, starting to tear my hair out, haven't got much left. anyone out there with list of error message meanings would help.

Regards blakey235 from Wales ( Anilam is a dead duck in UK since Heidenhain took them over, think they are on a mission to wipe Anilam of the face of the UK )

Re: Anilam 1100 Codes?

I'd bet it's a spacing problem. Those on board editors put each character in a specific spacing arrangement. In other words, Tool#1 does not equal Tool #1, and so on with every other conversational word. See if you can trim the program into chunks and run them individually until you find the offending section, narrow it down from there, then if you have to see exactly what the control wants to see, add another line at the control with their editor and save it. You should see the difference between your posted line and the line from the 1100 editor.
    Best of luck, Tim.