585,741 active members*
5,325 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Door Interlock

I have 2 machines. One is a Takumi Seiki VMC with a meldas 500 controller and the other in a Mega Mill vmc with a meldas 60S controller. Both have an optional door interlock which is an NC contact. Can anyone tell me how can i enable it.

Door interlock

The interlock might already be present in your ladder, you say it is a NC contact so it opens when the doors closes, so not connecting anything to your remote I/O won't enable the interlock. So you would simply find the address at which pin on your FCUA-DX--- on the idec BXID it corresponds to. If it is not in your ladder, then just choose whichever pin address you wish to and make it a condition for - probably spindle rotation -|/|- (in series) with whatever allows the M03, and probably in parallel with feedhold button with a -|/|- symbol for chosen I/O address.

Cheers.

Botha

cannot see the ladder

thanks for your reply. the problem is i have not really worked on mitsubishi controller, just on fanuc ones. The NC i'm talking about is in the electrical diagram given by the manufacturer and not the ladder. I do not have the Ladder for either machies. Next to the contact shown in the electrical diagram, it's written 'Optional'.
    Now fro what i understand, the bit for the door interlock had been disabled in the ladder because it was not disabled, then as i do not have any jumper between pin 137(for the interlock according to the electrical drawing) and 24V, the machine would have given an alarm for door open.

Can you tell me how to see the ladder in the two machies

1) Meldas 500 controller
    2) Meldas 64S controller

F0 button

There should be a F0 button that allows you to access the ladder. There should also be an option parameter in either this menu or in the PLC addresses that allows you to access it if it is blocked, forgot which one it is though isn't it in your manual? And btw if you have to activate it and if it was not bypassed (because I assume it is a NO switch and is closed contact when door is closed), then it would be opened when door is opened. Then if it is NOT in ladder, you put a -| |- in series with your M03 commands and a -|/|- in parallel with your feed hold button.

If it is already in your ladder and it was bypassed, then simply cut this wire and put each end to each end of your switch.

Cheers.

Botha

I want to do that but the problem is that when I press the F0 and then 'Ladder'.... there is a blue blank screen ......

P.S. i do not have a manual .... do you have a link for it ... thanks