Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with a problem here. We have a machine in house a Cincinnati Milacron with the Acromatic 850SX Control. I have been in this shop for 6 weeks and they are asking me to pull off a miracle. I have no program manual and no previous experience with this machine. I need a program for some simple boring and I think I have an idea how to go about it but I am not sure how to generate it at the control. There is no communications set up on this machine so everything is backed up by hand for now, a recipe for disaster.

But I digress. Does anyone have a sample of a Automatic repeat cycle (I believe is what it is called) and a break down of how it works. From what I can see of programs in the machine it works similar to a canned cycle for Fanuc. I am familiar with these but not the Cincinnati version.

I have a few lines of code even if someone can break it down for me.

Here goes:

G96R1.90S450M7
(BAR,H0 C0 D.04 I.005 K.003 X2.520 Z4.067)
FOLLOWED BY THE PART PROFILE HERE
AND CLOSED OFF BY
(ENC)

Now I figure the G96 is your constant surface speed and R1.9 sets up your diameter to pick up CSS (in this case at 450) and M7 turns on I.D. coolant

The (BAR, .....) I figure is the "Automatic Turning Cycle" I see mentioned in the operating manual (Again, no program manual)

I figure the X and Z are self explanatory start points it is just the rest I haven't deciphered yet.

It seems they have this type of cycle for threading and copying as well if anyone has any info with regards to this.

And also at end (ENC) is this "End Cycle" or something of the sort.

If anyone has any help...it is greatly , greatly appreciated!!

(flame2)

** I changed controller name to SX from TC...I think that is right now. I left my note at work. I have no manuals at all for this machine. The one I was given is for the other lathe they have that has a TC control. ... ****SIGH****