585,748 active members*
3,592 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MiniMill(Haas)

We have to spend $500.000 before the end of the year or we will lose loose our tax right off. Our VF9 is not going to be ready to ship to our shop until January so Haas is going to put a mini mill in our shop until our new mill is ready so we can use it as our write off. When our new mill is ready there going to take it out and put our new VF9 in place so we can get our write off. Have any of you ever heard of such a thing? If it was a Mori i can promise you they would not do such a thing. I sure hope the Haas works out for us,if so we might buy 4 or 5 more of them. Whats you thoughts?

Thanks

Common place. Remember taxes are a game that the irs has set in place. They change the rules every year, so it is up to you to read the rules and play accordingly.
    If it was a Mori i can promise you they would not do such a thing
    Really..I wouldn't take that bet if I were you.
    But I will admit that is charging a lot for a mini mill :stickpoke
    Gary

Whats you thoughts?

If you do pay 500,000 and use that figure for the write off and an (un)friendly IRS inspector comes to inspect the asset life may get interesting.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

The price of the VF9 is around $190000. not $500000. We have to write off as close as we can to $500000. not to have to pay it all in tax'es to the sweet American Gov. Home of the Free(for who i have no idea)and the land of the brave.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smallplanes View Post
    We have to spend $500.000 before the end of the year or we will lose loose our tax right off. Our VF9 is not going to be ready to ship to our shop until January so Haas is going to put a mini mill in our shop until our new mill is ready so we can use it as our write off. When our new mill is ready there going to take it out and put our new VF9 in place so we can get our write off. Have any of you ever heard of such a thing? If it was a Mori i can promise you they would not do such a thing. I sure hope the Haas works out for us,if so we might buy 4 or 5 more of them. Whats you thoughts?

Thanks
    So you will have a 200K minimill. No problem. As long as the $$ transfers it doesn't matter.