585,585 active members*
3,794 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Business Practices > Business Practices / Pricing > Starting a Cell Phone Case buisness

Starting a Cell Phone Case buisness

Hey guys I could really use some advice!

I've come up with this really great idea for a cell phone case and I really think it could be great so I've decided to get into the game. I'm a young college student and at this point it seems better to be creating something then trying to find a job. I'm relatively new to this trade so I was wondering if I could get some pointers, right now I'm working on a prototype for a patent, but after that is done I'm a little lost!

So here it goes, is it best to start up your own factory here or to outsource?
    I know that companies like Incase have a factory in China and in the US, but as a start up which would be best? Would it be possible to find a reputable manufacture that wouldn't pirate my product?

I know I sound naive, but I feel like with proper marketing my idea could be huge which I'm good at (everyone says that I know), but as far as the manufacturing of the product I'm lost! Any advice you guys have I would really appreciate!!

Hum....Cell phone cases. A case for a cell phone. Man, I wish I would have thought of that. Hell, I could even make mine out of Titanium or plastic or stainless or ...lol just kidding...

Seriously, you have to get a bunch (maybe a dozen) of good working prototypes, have some friends try them for a while, work out the bugs, have more made, then start marketing them like crazy.

Good luck!

Oh, and if you need some billet Iphone cases, I can get you some.
    Tim

There have been a number of discussions about manufacturing cell phone cases on cnczone.

Here are links to a couple of them that may have useful info for you:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera..._business.html

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/employ...um_iphone.html

Quote Originally Posted by Melva8623 View Post
    Hum....Cell phone cases. A case for a cell phone. Man, I wish I would have thought of that. Hell, I could even make mine out of Titanium or plastic or stainless or ...lol just kidding...

Seriously, you have to get a bunch (maybe a dozen) of good working prototypes, have some friends try them for a while, work out the bugs, have more made, then start marketing them like crazy.

Good luck!
    You forgot to put something brilliant at the end of copying my entire post.(chair)

And now your post is gone!lol.
    Tim

can guarantee you all the major ones are made in china. cost them probably less than 25 cents a piece, problem is the market is already flooded with them so you would have to come up with something pretty different to get it to catch on