585,668 active members*
4,061 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Grizzly G0704 Delivery

Would like to buy Grizzly G0704 since many people leave positive feedback on it and price is affordable.

Ordered it from their website, finished ordering but got email from their Customer Support saying that they are currently out of stock on G0704 and next shippment will be on December 16, 2011. Entire month!

Any idea on how long it is actually gonna take to receive my order and can I cancel this order without any "restocking fee"?

P.S. На сайте есть кто нибудь, кто говорит по русски?

probably even longer than that.

yes you can cancel without a fee. they dont actually charge you until it ships

1 month is pretty fast relative to how long lots of people have waited - mine took 2.5 months and was a month early. Some people here have waited several months. It is possible that it could come early, but I wouldn't assume so.

As I understand it you can cancel no fees...but again, 1 month is pretty quick.

Do any of the other vendors have the BF20L in stock? This mill has been consistently out of stock just about everywhere

Good luck whatever you decide

- Doug

just saw on a yahoo group that precision mathews has some bf25? that were incorrectly labeled. give them a call for details. I guess they have light rust, but it isn't bad from what I heard

Quote Originally Posted by dugpits View Post
    Do any of the other vendors have the BF20L in stock? This mill has been consistently out of stock just about everywhere
    - Doug
    BF20L, can you name few vendors that may sell them?

If you want an R8 version you have 3 choices in the US,
    G0704 Drill/Mill with Stand
    PM-MV Milling Machines
    MINI LATHES, Lathemaster.com offers 9x30 mini lathe, 8x14 mini lathe, mini mills, chucks & accessories
    More versions in more countries available on my site below.
    Hoss
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

Quote Originally Posted by hoss2006 View Post
    If you want an R8 version you have 3 choices in the US,
    G0704 Drill/Mill with Stand
    PM-MV Milling Machines
    MINI LATHES, Lathemaster.com offers 9x30 mini lathe, 8x14 mini lathe, mini mills, chucks & accessories
    More versions in more countries available on my site below.
    Hoss
    Out of the UK suppliers HOSS who which one would you choose to buy
    Maybe put in order of preference as im ready to buy soon but not 100% on who to buy from (R8 version)?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jdurkin View Post
    Out of the UK suppliers HOSS who which one would you choose to buy
    Maybe put in order of preference as im ready to buy soon but not 100% on who to buy from (R8 version)?

Cheers
    SPG tools has the best deal on an R8 machine with Amadeal 2nd, Warco only seems to have an MT2 spindle.
    Amadeals X travel is listed at less than it should be for a long table although they
    have the length of the table correct. Probably just a typo.
    Good luck, Hoss
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

Grizzly just received a large shipment go G0704's to the Bellingham warehouse.

Thank you for your order #XXXXXXX.

The following merchandise shipped 11/16/2011 via Fedex Freight Priority from our Bellingham, WA warehouse:

(1) ***BXG070402 *MULTI-BOX ITEM FOR G0704
    (1) ***G0704 *****DRILL/MILL WITH STAND (MULTI BOX)
    (1) ***LIFTGATE **Liftgate Service

You may track your shipment(s) at FedEx Freight® Services - LTL Freight Shipping using the following pro number(s):

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo442 View Post
    Grizzly just received a large shipment go G0704's to the Bellingham warehouse.

Thank you for your order #XXXXXXX.

The following merchandise shipped 11/16/2011 via Fedex Freight Priority from our Bellingham, WA warehouse:

(1) ***BXG070402 *MULTI-BOX ITEM FOR G0704
    (1) ***G0704 *****DRILL/MILL WITH STAND (MULTI BOX)
    (1) ***LIFTGATE **Liftgate Service

You may track your shipment(s) at FedEx Freight® Services - LTL Freight Shipping using the following pro number(s):
    I ordered G0704 on 11/14/2011 and received email:
    "We are currently out of stock of the G0704 Drill/Mills and expect to receive a shipment on approximately December 16, 2011. Once received, backorders are processed and shipped to arrive in approximately 3-5 business days. The remainder of your order is in stock and scheduled to ship within 24 hours".

When you made your order, since they already ship it?

My G0704 arrived today. Ordered it mid June 2011. Since June 2011 I have made several aqusitions to aid In my G0704 conversion.

Shop pictures by Turbo442 - Photobucket

Jet Bridgeport clone with rotary table $2200 - nice machine
    Miller syncrowave 350 $1500 - won't out grow this thing any time soon
    Grizzly G0602 $500 - didn't take long to out grow it!
    HF 36" shear, brake, roller $300
    6x48 belt sander $80
    MSC 12x36 lathe $200 (awesome lathe so far!)
    Probably $2000 in tooling from Shars, Enco, EBay (who's kidding probably more like $3000)
    Miller Econotig $500 - out grew that thing pretty quick
    Some fairly large drill press that came with the jet mill. $80
    Ramco 14x8 Bandsaw $400
    Going to look at a Hurco CNC knee mill 3 axis with tool changer, auto lube, coolant, 100 cat 30 tool holders, all for $1000. Not sure of the condition, will see tomorrow.

I was kind of laughing to myself when the little box with the mill showed up today. It's kind of nice to be able to move it around by my self. I can almost pick the entire thing up my self....almost. I used a cherry picker to lift it on to the table. Didn't cut any chips just stated the conversion. I think I have everything ready, ball screws, mounts, drivers, motors software. Probably will have her running Sunday.

The machine seems better than I expected. Several hand scraped areas. Mine made it from Beliinigham to Portland, OR via FedEx freight quickly with no damage at all.

Nice prices you got on some of that. Local Craigslist finds?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy0203 View Post
    Nice prices you got on some of that. Local Craigslist finds?
    yeah, CL tool section. if you really want to score the deals you have to look very frequently, like every few hours. the over priced stuff will hang for weeks, the good stuff will be gone in a few minutes depending on the photo. as i seem to get more into this hobby i am starting to make more contacts who know of equipment for sale but not really advertised anywhere. i am trying to not look on CL right now, i need to chill out for a while.

Ordered a G0704 online last night and my CC got charged today. No tracking info as of yet (probably on business day). the online site said the unit is in-stock.

Now to buy the tooling. Hoss, you have a wonderful site. g0704.com and I'm looking at your tooling recommendation at this moment.:cheers:

Feedback on these UK Supplied Machines

Quote Originally Posted by hoss2006 View Post
    SPG tools has the best deal on an R8 machine with Amadeal 2nd, Warco only seems to have an MT2 spindle.
    Amadeals X travel is listed at less than it should be for a long table although they
    have the length of the table correct. Probably just a typo.
    Good luck, Hoss
    Has anyone bought from the above to provide feedback on these machines
    Thanks in advance

Mine is shipping from Bellevue Washington. Will arrive at the terminal on the 28th.

I then phone them to arrange a delivery time after that.

Not too shabby. Order last Saturday evening on impulse.

6 business days or so.

I bought one today from Grizzly in Bellingham, they had several in stock. I'm hoping it is a solid small mill. It was not easy to decide what to buy, the large table sold me.

Congrats ALO!

I saw your other thread about cnc yours. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mine arrives tomorrow via fedex freight. I plan to keep it a manual mill for a short while to knock out some small projects.

**cough** and pay off the purchase and the associated accessories I grabbed for it.

:cheers: