585,880 active members*
3,930 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > X axis briefly going the wrong way ARG

X axis briefly going the wrong way ARG

Hello all,

I had a new problem spring up on me just recently that is leaving me scratching my head. When the machine runs the X axis goes the opposite direction from where it is supposed to go for just a brief moment, then goes the right way. I have the A axis slaved to the X on the other side of the gantry and it does not seem to be doing that, so it must be something related only to the X axis.

I had been planning on replacing my controller computer because the one that has been running it was quite old. Once that problem surfaced I figured it may be something with the parallel port going bad or something, so I configured the new computer and set it up only to find that the problem persists.

So what could it be on the driver/motor side? All connections seem to be tight. I have not moved anything around.

Andy thoughts?

THANKS!!!

i had a similar problem that turned out to be a bad pin connection in the parallel port at the computer. I sprung the pin slightly and the problem went away.

John

Fixed!

Okay so I was standing out at the machine running it back and forth waiting for some lightning to strike my brain when I noticed a small arc by the wiring going into the motor. Lo and behold, one of the butt connectors had broken in half so that wire was hardly making any contact. New butt connector = fixed machine!:banana:

Thanks for the help!

I had the same thing happen today. I ended up removing the db9 connector and soldering the wires. I also inadvertently cut the wires with the Gecko 540 powered up. Luckily I had a spare! Now it is off to buy a replacement drive!

Sean
    www.FreeCNCPlans.com