Register for free
Login

Thread: alibre scks

alibre scks

alibre it a nice peice of softwear
    how ever it new version cant convert most parts into sheetmetal parts
    and for only 900us$ that is if you are upgrading
    why is that

Yeah and I think it only supports 32 bit systems. So although it might be for hobby/personal use, I can't use it on my 64bit PC. I'd also like to be able to draw some sheet metal covers/enclosures as well. But looks like I can't do that.
    My little site on MIG welding http://www.learn-how-to-weld.com/mig-welding/

I have Alibre running on my 64 bit system but choose to use the 32 bit version because there are some functions that won't run 64 bit, traceparts and I think motion, other than that I like it andf it works quite well. Sheetmetal does work on 32 and 64 bit on my machine. If your having problems, sometimes things like video drivers that are outdated will cause issues.

alibrie runs in 32 64 and 128 bit formation,,i was posting the question as to why it can not unwrap a tube
    so please know of what you type afore you type it

Admins, can we make this thread a sticky? It's chock full of useful information.

Frederic

Quote Originally Posted by TXFred View Post
    Admins, can we make this thread a sticky? It's chock full of useful information.

Frederic
    Snort!

Frederic
    +1 on that request. I want to track how that 128 bit version is working :stickpoke

Quote Originally Posted by dbrija View Post
    +1 on that request. I want to track how that 128 bit version is working :stickpoke
    Me too! I am working on building a 128 bit computer, hand wiring the connections. I only have 3 trillion wires left to run!

Joe

I visited this thread because I thought it was for Alibre SOCKS to complete my Alibre shirt, pant, and hat fanboi ensemble.

Man was I disappointed!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by scudzuki View Post
    I visited this thread because I thought it was for Alibre SOCKS to complete my Alibre shirt, pant, and hat fanboi ensemble.

Man was I disappointed!

Joe
    LOL
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Frederic
    Not at this point but I would be inclined too if there was more info on the 128 bit system. Last I knew we still had 32 and 64 bit.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Not at this point but I would be inclined too if there was more info on the 128 bit system. Last I knew we still had 32 and 64 bit.
    Sheesh, I'm soldering as fast as I can. Only 2.9999 trillion connections left to solder!

Joe

I'm an Alibre user. I run it in both 32 bit and 64 bit. Video card's make the difference in speed so it seems.

128 bit? Does Windows even run in that environment yet?

Not being able to unwrap a tube? Have you verified this with the forums and Albre's tech support?

Quote Originally Posted by osphoto View Post
    I'm an Alibre user. I run it in both 32 bit and 64 bit. Video card's make the difference in speed so it seems.

128 bit? Does Windows even run in that environment yet?

Not being able to unwrap a tube? Have you verified this with the forums and Albre's tech support?
    We were poking fun at the 128 bit statement. 64 bit operating systems were developed in part to allow addressing beyond 4GB without memory extensions.

The limit of addressable memory imposed by a 64 bit OS is 4 Billion times that addressable in a 32 bit OS (or 17,179,869,184 GB).

We should be okay with 64 bit OSs for a little while.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by scudzuki View Post
    We should be okay with 64 bit OSs for a little while.

Joe
    I hope so. It would be a shame to replace a Dell Precision after a few years of use.

Interesting point on Graphics Cards. Dedicated Cards actually do make a difference.:cheers:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com