585,922 active members*
3,784 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ATC controller and Mach 3 problem

Hi all.

As a relative novice (returning to hobby CNC after a few years!), I have a question about a recently purchased Auto Tool-Changer
    and LPT2 port. The ATC controller is from Sorotec Germany, although made by USOVO...

(Steuergerät STG101 - USOVO.de)

I have the Kress 1050 spindle and the tool-changer system. I also have installed a second parallel port (LPT2). The CNC controller is the simple but perfectly adequate 4 axis TB6560.

I have tested the STG101 ATC controller with a 9v battery and the two required functions work correctly. That's the signal for the tool-changer on the Kress and the signal for the pivoting cover on the 6 way magazine...

Werkzeugmagazin SK15 6-fach mit Haube - USOVO.de

These are pins 14 and 16 at the STG101 controller. As mentioned, they work fine when tested with the 9v battery.

When I connect the STG101 controller to LPT2 and set the pins accordingly in Mach 3, sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't!! It is very random, although most of the time it doesn't work. I have checked and double checked the settings in Ports & Pins but cannot find the reason why I have the problem.

I am also using the excellent 'Ultimate Screenset' from Mach Motion. However, I have tried Mach 3's default 1024 screenset which makes no difference.

Any ideas on this problem would be most welcomed!

Keith

hi, my name is michel and i've got a kress atc from usovo.de, unfortunely i can't help you about the magazinebecause i've got the 5 tool holder, but you can help me because i want to know how you use it with mach3 and have you got a working macro.

tank's

because it is sending ~5.5 v from the computer not 9v

You could probably use a relay controlled by mach and have a switched 9v, but I think if I remember correctly switching dc is a no no (don't quote me here just have a faint recollection of some sort of mention somewhere)