584,860 active members*
5,116 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Talking Need Emcotronic code

Hi
    Can anyone help me. I have connected my computer to a Emcotronic M1 controller and transfering data seems to work. But my problem is. I have no manuals and no programs so I don't know how these programs should be written. The mill will not accept the codes I have tried. If anyone have a Gcode program for Emcotronic M1 or Have a Cam software with post processor for this controller. Please send me a txt file with a code. only need a few lines.

Yes I have to end this thread my self. My machie is up and running. Got a post for edgecam and My Emco F1p emcotronic M1 is working great. I have found out that ther is a big difference between F1 CNC and F1P CNC. F1P (P meands production) has bigger steppers. Great G00 speed. Can do radius. Accept RS232 so you just use Hyperterminal ( In windows) to transfere programs.

So here is a litle program if any others out there have the same problem as me

O0001
    N0000 G54 T0202
    N0001 S3500 M3 M08
    N0002 G1 X139.764 Y71.988 F100
    N0003 X134.764
    N0004 X133.097 Y70.559
    N0005 G0 Z180.0
    N0006 M30

this is just a fragment form a engraving program I had. Juste copy paste this into Hyperterminal and start milling

smoregrava

Well, I just purchased an identical unit to yours with the emcotronic m1. I'm excited to get it, but a little afraid that I just jumped in over my head. Hope you are around in the next couple of weeks to bounce a couple of questions off.

Thanks

Yes I here just bring up the questions. My machine is working perfect. I use Edgecam to create the code (Cam software) I have made my own post prosessor for F1P Emcotronic M1. So I can do some nice 3D machining, engraving and so on. My biggest problem today is that the memory in the machine is limited. when making 3D programs they often get big. So I trying to use an DNC program to dripfeed the machine. I know that someone here in norway did this. But I only have some parts of the manuals for the machine so I don't know how to setup the machine. But anyway. This is a great machine and you can not compare with the cheap F1CNC version.

What software do you use for making your models? I am currently using ungraphics for my models.

My only experience with cnc equipment is with a plasma burner. I have had someone else make my parts.

I have the manufacturing package for ungraphics and hope to use it. I imagine that I will have to create my own post processor or will the one for edgecam work?

Do you have other cnc equipment?

Thank you in advance for your help

No the post processor will only work for Edgecam. I Use Proengineer and Autocad to draw my moddels. And Edgecam as Cam software. I'm not familiar with ungrapics but if you make or find a post for this it will work.If you are interested you could send me a part/model file and I'll make a program for you and you can start setting up you system transferering from computer and test program.

At home I only have this F1P CNC machine but I have just started collecting part for a mini lathe stepper CNC. In my work I'm have 2 Bemato 3 axis mill's with Fagor 8055 controll. ( Big machines 1000x800x500mm and 24 tools). So you have a plasma. I have been thinking of building a plasma also. Have you buildt it yourself?

What file type do you need from me? Do you need for me to convert it to .stp or something? Send it in native UG?

Yes, I built the plasma myself. I have a small company and build custom machinery for a living. Mostly servo driven stuff for factory automation. My understanding of CNC(Servo and Stepper) stuff is pretty strong from the controller to the hardware, but I'm a total novice on how to create the G-Code from a model. I'm also a beginner when it comes to machining.

I had a customer sell me a custom machine (for pennies on the dollar)they took out of production that had 24 servos in it along with 4 - 8 axis delta tau pmac controllers. I took that machine apart and created a plasma with 2 400Watt servos and a delta tau controller.

The components were way overkill for what I had created. I ended up taking the think apart and selling the components because I didn't have the space for it at the time. It worked great. Sure wish I had it back.

I sold all the components to another company and made some money on the parts about 3 years ago. This is before I had any interest in CNC machining. What was I thinking?

Well, I've just been notified that my F1P is on the truck and I should have it in a couple of days.

I've been reading online that the F1 can only hold a limited number of lines of code (like +-200 lines). Does that apply to the Emcotronic M1 that we have? I've downloaded some F1 manuals from the yahoo group, but I assume the M1 controller has a different set of instructions?

Reality is setting in. I've tried messing around in the Unigraphics CAM software and I'm not having a lot of luck. Guess I'm going to have to pay for some CAM training.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for parts will take a look at them tomorrow. Everything in the F1 manual regarding programming,jog,transfere data, startup, g codes, Mcodes, and spec is just to put in your trash bin. The only thing I think is the same is the exploded wiev of the axis. But also here there are different steppers and mount. M1 controller accepts aproximately 500 lines. But it is a byte limit not line number.

Try find someone here at CNCzone to guide you though a programming sequense in Unigraphics.

OK. Do you have a manual for the M1? In English? Where can I get one if you do not.

Sorry I only have some parts of the manual. But I can take a copy of what I have to you and send it to you by post. I don't have any scanner and I belive it's something like 100 pages.

If you would make a copy for me, I will pay for your time and any costs incurred. Just tell me how much to pay you.

Have collected some of my info regarding F1P-CNC Emcotronic on a webpage. Also some IGES files

http://www.smoregrava.net/cncdownloads.htm

test.M1.txt
    Quote Originally Posted by smoregrava View Post
    Hi
    Can anyone help me. I have connected my computer to a Emcotronic M1 controller and transfering data seems to work. But my problem is. I have no manuals and no programs so I don't know how these programs should be written. The mill will not accept the codes I have tried. If anyone have a Gcode program for Emcotronic M1 or Have a Cam software with post processor for this controller. Please send me a txt file with a code. only need a few lines.
    Hi her is some code for your maskin test.M1.txt

This was a old post so I have a lot of G code files now. Thanks anyway. Do you have a M1?
    Have tried to drip feed that machine? I have not been able to do that jet but I would be nice. today I make my programs in edgecam and transfere the programs to the machine

[SIZE=6]Hello smoregrava, hope your still on CNCzone and ok. Ive just aquired an old F1 cnc mill with equally old emcotronic controller and not shure how to connect the controller to a PC. Here are some PICs of my machine and controller. Can you help.Attachment 198724Attachment 198724

Hi i dont have my Emco mill anymore. I have upgraded to a maho with a fagor 8055 control. So It is many years ago when I did this. But my emco info page is still up and going. Check that you will find some manuals and also some info regarding the serial connection. If I remember rigth there was a db25 connector on the controller that I made a wire to the com port on the computer. Used Hyperterterminal to transfere files. But the memory is very small so you need to part up the programs in many small parts.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Need Emcotronic code

Quote Originally Posted by smoregrava View Post
    No the post processor will only work for Edgecam. I Use Proengineer and Autocad to draw my moddels. And Edgecam as Cam software. I'm not familiar with ungrapics but if you make or find a post for this it will work.If you are interested you could send me a part/model file and I'll make a program for you and you can start setting up you system transferering from computer and test program.

At home I only have this F1P CNC machine but I have just started collecting part for a mini lathe stepper CNC. In my work I'm have 2 Bemato 3 axis mill's with Fagor 8055 controll. ( Big machines 1000x800x500mm and 24 tools). So you have a plasma. I have been thinking of building a plasma also. Have you buildt it yourself?
    hi, my name is Evis and I live in Finland. I know it's an old post but I try: do you know how I got an emco f1 post processor for edgecam?