585,967 active members*
4,116 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > Wooden Clocks > CNC Making a Wrist Watches Housing..

Threaded View

CNC Making a Wrist Watches Housing..

Hi guys.. since I took a break from RC modelling, the lifestyle ideas grow ...
    Noo not Apple but other luxury things like watches and jewelry.
    Since my studies in Black Forest I hooked a heart on mechanical wrist watches ... far from beein able to effort a Breitling or other pilots chronograph
    it was creeping into my mind - "...but you have a CNC"!!

Ok, the short track .. since that time I have the dream to setup my own mechanical wrist watch unsing an ETA brand 7750 movement also assembled in some newer Hanhart or the "cheaper" Rolex lines . You have to know that that movement in the basic appearance is not that expensive, but as soon as the luxury guys get their fingers in ... they blue the screws engrave or pearl the bridges and cover that parts with Gold so the price raises up to several thousands of Euro ... for me the standard configuration is good enough and should I be able to join a workshop or a clockmakers hobbyists class one day, I think I can do what I did not miss so far ( then) ... But now ...

let the pics tell ...

some data :

The Material is 1.4112 - for the US Guys it is stainles knife steel AISI 440B
    Movement ETA 7750 "Valjoux " TOP Grade
    Wrist Band : either a Kaufmann band ( I like the butterfly mechanism to close it) or a
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bluescrew.jpg   FIrst Parts Collage sm.jpg   Facefillpart.jpg   Facefill.jpg  

Why reach for speed, when you could have precision instead!!!