584,841 active members*
4,586 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

LEADWELL MCV-OP MITSI MELDAS M3

Hi guys,
    Im new to the forum only found you whilst searching the net to slove a problem that I have with my Leadwell mcv-op its running the mitsi meldas m3 control system, ok I aquired the machine a few years back through a family friend and use it for light work and personal projects etc......ok the problem I have is that a few weeks back the battery alarm came on, I've been struggling to locate the correct one until today, I found a local company that produces the 3.6v nicads at the small cost of £8.00 before I replaced this I powered the machine up but this is when I occured the problem the main machine controls will not operate and I have lost power to the screen??? the machine seems semi powered as some buttons on the control pannel beep ''reset'' 'monitor'' etc...... check in the rear of the machine the nc is powered along with the spindal controller and the axis controller, also checked all of the outputs of both transformers and any fuse in sight....

It is at this point I call upon anyone who will spare me there experience and is willing to help, I understand Im only new to the forum and you may feel im only going to be hear until I fix the problem but looking around you have some great tips I love to try once ''shes'' running again , thanks in advance

Rob

Most likely you have lost the parameters, is there asterisks in some locations on the screen if you can see anything?
    Is this the battery on the memory board?
    Al.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

battery in the back of machine where the mc1619 circuit boards are, i have managed to look into the forums and get my screen working now and im now stuck with the x y and z axis will not move without bringing an alarm up "nc servo" is this because i need to input paramaters via pc?

You may be able to enter some parameters by hand, but it will be tedious. The parameter files for my M3 controlled machines are about 17KB. That's a lot of thumb mashing. The parameter file will be specific to the machine tool builder as it will contain settings for your servos, amps, spindle motor, travel limits, ballscrew pitch, etc.

has anybody got any parameters for these machines?

found parameters leadwell mcv-op

hi all i have found the parameters inside the controller on the rear of the machine, i need to enter these but cant find out how to do this as when i enter them from the back with the push buttons and led's it reverts back to previous setting? any ideas my x y and z axis all bring a s03 servo alarm error
    56/56/52 (x/y/z)

- Go to the ALARM/DIAG screen and press the soft key for PLC-I/F.
    - At the bottom of the screen in the first three fields, enter 1001 in the DEVICE field, leave DATA empty, and M in MODE and press input.
    - Go to the TOOL/PARAM screen. You should now be able to enter machine parameters. Many of these parameters are not "set" until the control is powered off and back on again.

all parameters seem to be there and correct but still keep geting this alarm s03 servo alarm :nr emg emergency ??? any help would be appreciated

At the risk of being an insulting yankee jerk, is the emergency stop button pressed or is an axis sitting at an over travel switch?

Unhappy

stop button is out and usually the overide button sorts the end stop problem, i also have noticed that the ladder screen is blank, i can spin the spindle but not move it as i cant move the x/y/z axis, in the back on the spindle driver there is d1 and 2 others that scroll on the little 2 screen led, but the tool changer carrage is now working and the screen is as that went blank, also i can output all tool and machine parameters via rs232 but can not send anything back to the CNC and i can only achieve this by plugging into the main socket at the rear not the one at the side like i used to?

So there is no PLC? On my M3 controls, the PLC is burned to an eprom and is not lost when the battery fails. Is you Leadwell different?

Have you tried contacting Leadwell about this?

I am unsure what has happened and Im still awaiting a reply from leadwell in the meantime i am going to check all the stop switches its very peculiar and i don't no how to do alot of the things as the manual is hard to follow

I have the same machine with generally the same problems. The machine operated fine when I bought it a couple of years ago. Then it sat unused until recently. Today with the help of the previous owner we were able to get the screen to work. There are some error codes. I'm dealing with the low air problem first, I know how to fix that one then on to the rest. Trebornotlaw have you had any luck with yours?

I seem to be having a nearly identical problem with my MCV-OP. I bought the machine a couple of years ago and it sat without power until about a month ago. The screen was blank, a couple of buttons on the control would cause a beep. The previous owner came over and was able to get the screen to light up by switching some dip switches in the back of the machine. The monitor indicates a Servo Alarm and the machine won't do anything. I went through the drill that Caprirs explained, entering 1001 then M in the mode field, then pressed input. When I pressed the input button the 1001 and the M went away. Caprirs states that the parameters can now be entered.

How and where do I enter the parameters? The arrow keys only seem to work along the bottom of the screen. Am I to enter the parameters there? Or what, how?

Can any one help please?!! I have meldas m3 cnc controls on my femco vmc-800 and the screen is blank and when it turns on only some buttons beeps when you push them and the ready led is not on and I had a guy come in and look at is a few years ago and he couldn't get it and now I have need for is and the red led on the mc1619-1 card is on.

I'll see if I can find my notes on how to get the screen to light up. I never did get the machine to move so I moved on to other projects. Anyway, I'll poke around tonight and see what I can find.