585,914 active members*
3,792 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach post processor for Artcam

Hi all,

I want to export g-code from Artcam to Mach3.
    Does anyone have a post processor for this or do they have one form the Artcam drop down menus that they use and find works well with mach?

Blue Skies
    mikie

I always use any "g code". There are like 4

hi, i have a few of non toolchanging g-codes for ArtCAM. Are using metric or inches?

*Are you using metric or inches? Sry 4 typing error...

metric,

I actually sorted out my problem and found it was a scaling issue of the cad drawing and sent it through the faunic???can't remember the name exacly and it worked great

Thanks sunmix, if you don't mind, i would like to review a file that you have used that works, it gives me a comparison to the one that i generated.

I have one issue though, i changed my G0/G1 setting, removed it actually, and then added a feed rate to the line in-between the old G0/G1. When i tried running this, Mach3 didn't generate a drawing. Have you had any thing like this happen to you?

/Mikie

Mikie,
    I'm not that sure, i think it happen a few times, although i didn't removed G0/G1 settings. I'm quite pleased with the mach post processors I'm having. BTW, I found out that it's hard to tweak Mach3 based on Mach2 settings especially the motor tuning section. I just couldn't get it right, so I'm using Mach2 for the moment. I might go for Mach3, but I don't have the time as I have some ArtCAM issues to settle.

In ArtCAM use the GCode inch and GCode mm Post Processors respectively for inch and mm