584,805 active members*
4,987 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: 3D print out

3D print out

Using ArtCam 9.*** How can i put out a 3D view that I can e-mail to a customer for review? Also I need to get rid of the waste cut material in the view.

Quote Originally Posted by gene8522
    Using ArtCam 9.*** How can i put out a 3D view that I can e-mail to a customer for review? Also I need to get rid of the waste cut material in the view.
    I don't have the program in front of me at the moment so some of the names of the menus might be wrong but... To get rid of the waste material move the z zero point of your workpiece to the bottom of your board. Then under the 3d view window click on the button on the top of the window that gives you the options for what is displayed in the window. Unselect "material" and the waste material will not show. You can't do this with a tool path preview though. To email a pict select the save option from the 3d view menu on the menu bar from the top of the window. Sometimes I have taken a screen shot and cropped it in Paint.
    http://www.glenspeymillworks.com Techno LC4896 - 2.2Kw Water Cooled Spindle | Moving Table Mill from Omis 3 CMM, 500Lb granite base | Epilog Legend 32 Laser Engraver

Quote Originally Posted by Pplug View Post
    To email a pict select the save option from the 3d view menu on the menu bar from the top of the window. Sometimes I have taken a screen shot and cropped it in Paint.
    Thanks for the come back. I have tried to do a 3D view but all I get is A 2D screen shot. I'll try to do a full screen shot of the 3D window, that should work.

"To get rid of the waste material move the z zero point of your workpiece to the bottom of your board." I'll look at moving the 'Z Zero' also.

I've been trying to get a web site up and running, but I don't think my signs will be as impressive as yours are..............

Gene