584,798 active members*
4,373 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cool M03 & M05 codes reversed

Got hit by lighting a year ago last September. Had to replace shop computer and the chip in my 1st generation controller. Got the machine to jog with the Deskcnc software but never ran any code. A couple days ago I generated some code from a dxf file and found the m3 & M reversed....same with spindle button on the control panel. Click off turns spindle on ....click on turns spindle off..

I am using a USB to serial cable that was also replaced. Could this be swapping them codes?????

I ran several codes today and everything seems to work fine except for the reversed m's

Hope someone can offer a solution. I am running V 2.0.1.93---------

Also would like to know if the latest version 2.0.2.65 will work with my old controller.

Gary

Two possiblilities I can think of.

1. The software configuration has been changed for the spindle from active hi to active lo action, which would reverse your spindle operation.

2. There is a normally open and normally closed contact on the relay driving your spindle and the wrong contact is being used.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by keebler303 View Post
    Two possiblilities I can think of.
    1. The software configuration has been changed for the spindle from active hi to active lo action, which would reverse your spindle operation.

2. There is a normally open and normally closed contact on the relay driving your spindle and the wrong contact is being used.

Matt
    Matt

1. Software version has not changed, and I can not find any place to change spindle config.

2.I'm using a solid state relay, and I replaced it with a new one. Didn't fix the problem.

Thanks anyway
    Gary

I assume "chip in the first generation controller" is what the USB to serial cable is attached to? I'd guess the issue is there. I've no experience with your specific software.

Yeah, an SSR does not have NO and NC contacts so that idea is no good.

Have you talked to the manufacturer? You could work around it with a relay as I mentioned but that is not ideal as "default" for the relay would be spindle on.

Matt

Additional info on this problem....When running a file.. M05 turns spindle on, but M03 will not turn it off..... but clicking off turns spindle on ....click on will turn spindle off. Have contacted the manufacture, but no responve yet.

Sounds like a software problem that needs to be corrected by the manufacturer.

Matt