585,875 active members*
3,961 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Make Machine Beep During Program?

Make Machine Beep During Program?

Is there a code to make the buzzer on the control beep during a program?

Thanks

Tim

During a program???? Or, at the end of a program? Can't see anyone wanting it to beep all during a program.
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    During a program???? Or, at the end of a program? Can't see anyone wanting it to beep all during a program.
    During the program...

I have 25 parts to threadmill 1 hole in each and would like it to beep at me when it has two parts left.

Tim

Do you have macros enabled on your machine?

Macro variable #3006 is a programmable stop that acts like M00. You would have to have something like IF["Part Count" EQ 23] THEN #3006=101. This is not a proper macro statement, you would have to find out what variable stores the L count and use this in place of "Part Count".

This will stop the machine and flash the green light but I don't know if you can have it sound the beeper.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Put a parts counter at #500.

IF [#500=23] GOTO 20

N20 M97 P100

N100 M3 S20
    G4 P1
    S6000
    G4 P1
    S20
    G4 P1
    S6000
    M99

Then return back to your program and run the last two parts. You should easily hear the spindle ramping up and down over a beep anyway.

This thread got me thinking about using a macro to stop the machine after a tool change. I have lots of jobs where it's necessary to do something with the work pieces somewhere prior to M30. I currently do this with option stop but that means I have to delete all the M01's with the exception of the one where I want the machine to stop. I don't need it to beep

Is there a simple little macro I can stick in my programs at the appropriate spots to do this?

Vern

M0 won't work?

I don't seem to understand M00 Program stop (as per the Haas machinist reference guide) I did not realize that a program could be restarted after M00 by simply punching the start button. I guess that is what you are telling me?

That's exactly correct. Just remember that you need to essentially call a tool change and restate G43 even if you're restarting with the same tool:

(MACHINING WITH T1)
    G53 Z0. Y0. M5
    M0
    (THIS LINE WILL BE HIGHLIGHTED IF YOU'D LIKE TO PUT A NOTE HERE)
    (PRESS CYCLE START TO BEGIN PROGRAM AT THIS POINT)
    M6 T1
    G43 H1
    M3 S6000 M8
    (DO STUFF TO OTHER STUFF)

Looks simple enough, thanks for the help. This is the problem with being overly dependent on CAM software

There is currently no provision for activating the lights or the buzzer on the Haas machine. You can do things like activate the auto air gun, TSC, auto door, spindle, or you can hook up a separate alarm system and activate it using a spare M-code.
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

Quote Originally Posted by KenFoulks View Post
    There is currently no provision for activating the lights or the buzzer on the Haas machine. You can do things like activate the auto air gun, TSC, auto door, spindle, or you can hook up a separate alarm system and activate it using a spare M-code.

I have wondered about using a M-code to trigger text message. This way the mill can tell me its done or about done. Kind of the same original thread request for a beep, just one that reaches out regardless where I am in the shop.

Mark
    2005 Haas TM-1, 4th HRT160 - OneCNC XR4 Pro w/4th - Alibre Design Expert
    Metal-tech 4x4 - www.metaltech4x4.com

You can have the newer Haas machines send a text or email if it alarms out. So, you could add a line of code at the end to make the machine alarm out.
    Thanks,
    Ken Foulks

He wants the beep to sound two parts before the end of the cycle so having it alarm is not suitable.

I think the best way would be to use M21. All that is needed is a 12voltAC Wall Wart, one or two small 12volt relays, a small 12volt buzzer and one or two, two way switches. You could wire it to pause and sound a buzzer, sound a buzzer and continue with the program or just pass through the M21 without doing anything selectable from the switches.

One advantage to using M21 over M01 and M00 is that the machine pauses it does not stop.

Quote Originally Posted by KenFoulks View Post
    You can have the newer Haas machines send a text or email if it alarms out. So, you could add a line of code at the end to make the machine alarm out.

Outstanding. Haas just needs to add the ability to have the machine send a text w/o requiring it to alarm out. This way mid program it can send a pre programmed message or one that has been added right into the line code. That would make a great Machine function right in the line code:
    Just making it up like its "M874"

M874 TX:Mill 4 near program end

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    He wants the beep to sound two parts before the end of the cycle so having it alarm is not suitable.

I think the best way would be to use M21. All that is needed is a 12voltAC Wall Wart, one or two small 12volt relays, a small 12volt buzzer and one or two, two way switches. You could wire it to pause and sound a buzzer, sound a buzzer and continue with the program or just pass through the M21 without doing anything selectable from the switches.

One advantage to using M21 over M01 and M00 is that the machine pauses it does not stop.

I have been thinking something like that but with this for the alarm so it sends the text.

S130 Home Security GSM Alarm System SMS Controller USB Remote Switching Machines | eBay

Well...

Since my cell doesn't work in the shop that won't work for me.

I guess I need to go find an old cop car siren and hook it to my machine

Quote Originally Posted by behindpropeller View Post
    .....I guess I need to go find an old cop car siren and hook it to my machine
    A bit more noticeable than a 12volt buzzer. But you could go really retro and get and old klaxon like was in the Model T; aahhh-ooooohhh-ggaahh.