584,862 active members*
6,003 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > Hitachi Seiki TF20 Fanuc PowerMate-E

Hitachi Seiki TF20 Fanuc PowerMate-E

Our customer's lathe (TF20 High Turner, s/n 15248, w/FS21TB and PowerMate-E for servo turret) had battery problems with PowerMate-E. Once customer wanted to recover PLC from Flash Memory Card, they discovered they lost the Flash Memory Card. We ordered from Fanuc the card (A87L-0001-0180, 4MB) that we could load from laptop (in PCMCIA-slot). But we still do not have the PLC-file. Usually, the flash card is in the PowerMate-E. Can anybody help us with the file(s) on that flash card?

We have one same Hitachi Seiki TF-20 with Fanuc 21T control and fortunately las saturday Apr-13-2013 we solved this problem with the help from a very nice France guy who made me the favor to load the full powermate backup in a SRAM card I sent to him and then this nice guy sent it back to me full loaded. Thanks Bruno!
    I can help anyone who are in the same case, just first contact me at [email protected] for details. I know what it feels when you have a nice equipment like a Hitachi Seiki lathe out of order, so, lets put these lathes back to work!

Hi,

I have emailed you to see can you help.

Regards
    Marcin

Marcin, do you need the PLC file as well?

John

John,
    At present I have three alarms:
    1004 Air Pressure Alarm (I don't have air compressor yet)
    1060 Turret Unit Program Error
    1033 Turret Drive Unit Alarm
    I have no flash card, no Fanuc PowerMate handheld unit either.
    I need a card with all what is required to get rid of with alarms, to be honest I am not quite sure what PLC files are needed for?
    You can contact me via pm for more details.

John, any update on this?Can you help at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcin,

I am trying to get the files for you. Can you verify the model of the Powermate you have?

John

John, what are the PLC files for?Will they help me to remove the alarms?Please be more specific if you can.Marcin

Marcin,

its either two things that I can think of. First, and most likely, is your Fanuc Powermate drive lost its power or battery for long enough to lose the files stored in its SRAM card. So now you are getting turret alarms because it has no idea what it is supposed to be doing and just reports and error. Second, and possible but from the sound of it unlikely, is that the drive is dead and needs repair. I am leaning towards the first option as this happens often. Once I get the files I can hopefully send to you and have you load them on a card yourself or if need be I can load them and send a card to you. I will keep you updated on the process,

John

John, Definitely as per your first description of the problem.I was told this data can only be transferred from Powermate on to a card and from card on to Powermate and PC can't be used as sub-transfer of the files.According to your email this is not true isn't it?Would you have a data on what card need to be purchased?Fanuc has told me it needs to be 256/512kb flash card, nothing else.Other people are telling me the card can go up to 2mb.Please help.

And also the cards available are described as 1 or 2 series?Do you know which one I need?Marcin

Marcin, as long as its SRAM PCMCIA card, I believe you can go up tp 2MB. I will try to double check for you

John

Re: Hitachi Seiki TF20 Fanuc PowerMate-E

We have a similar problem with our Hitachi Seiki TF20 Lathe . We had battery problem with POWERMATE and we don’t hava a backup of Power Mate also. Now we are trying to find a backup of Powermate from the same machine. Can you help me about that? please e-mail [email protected]