Hi

I bought a CNC 6040 a couple of weeks ago and i have some serious problems.

The machine and the controller for the stepper motors works ok. I have tried it out with Mach3 and it seems to function correctly. The build quality of the 'thing' is ok, not great, but its a robust piece of equipment.

My problem is that I cant get the spindle motor to function. I have programmed the VFD that came with the 0.8 kW water cooled spindle according to the instructions from the seller:

PD013 = 8 (factory reset)
PD005 = 400 Hz
PD004 = 400 Hz
PD003 = 400 Hz

The first time i started the motor ran for about 2 mins, with the water cooling running, then i stopped it as it seemed to be working.

Now when i press start on the VFDs control panel the motor jerks, runs maybe a turn or two and then the VFD trips with E.O.C.A (over-current).

I have checked and measured the cables for shortcuts and bad connections but they are ok.
I have tried to measure the resistance of the windings in the motor but i dont know what values are ok. If I measure between any two of the three windings i get next to 0 ohms ( maybe 3-5 ). Is this ok, or is it a sign that the motor is broken?

I have an ongoing discussion with the seller about the spindle problem ( and some other issues with missing cables and wrong sized collets ), but the seller acts a bit evasive and asks me to produce some sort of evidence of what is wrong. The seller told me to bring the VFD to someone who could check if it is broken. But i dont know of anyone who could do that.

I have even made a short movie clip and sent that to the seller since he says that all text is machine translated to chinese and that they have to see movies or pictures describing what the problem is.

Does anyone here have any advise on how to find out what the root cause of the problem is?

Edit: Personally I think the motor is broken. But how would I prove that it is the motor and not the VFD?

Many thanks
/Fredrik