585,763 active members*
4,374 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Novakon going under??????

Novakon going under??????

Hey guys, kinda new to this so here we go. Im looking for a new cnc machine and the NM-145 seems very tempting but I have a few concerns abou the vompany. I work at a credit bureau so I decided to run the company profile and there are several pending judgements against the company and the owner for not paying their bills. If they cant pay their bills how can they afford to buy and sell me CNC machines? also are they about to go under, if i buy now will they be there tommorow?

any feedback would be appreciated

hope you are wrong

I paid for NM200 and will pay for Lathe in Jan and expect to get these machines in Jan. More important, I expect to have warranty and technical support for one year on these machines. . This is very hard earned money :-( Khai or somebody from the company, can you please explain?

Quote Originally Posted by metalgearz View Post
    Hey guys, kinda new to this so here we go. Im looking for a new cnc machine and the NM-145 seems very tempting but I have a few concerns abou the vompany. I work at a credit bureau so I decided to run the company profile and there are several pending judgements against the company and the owner for not paying their bills. If they cant pay their bills how can they afford to buy and sell me CNC machines? also are they about to go under, if i buy now will they be there tommorow?

Does your boss know you're doing this?

I don't really care about Novakon, or their problems, but I sort of thought this credit information was confidential, and only supposed to be divulged to authorized parties, not spread around the internet. Didn't you have to sign something to that effect when you got this job? I guess there are no more secrets any more, but you might be more sympathetic to these guys when you get fired and can't pay your own bills, and some anonymous person with access to your information ruins your reputation online.

Or maybe you're just one of their competitors, trying to tilt the playing field a little?

I have no interest in Novakon but if I were it's owner I would get my lawyer on your post and find out where you live and the company you work for, then I would sue you and your company for everything I could get.

Your statement could very well put a company under. I look forward to them taking action on you and your company.

This is absolutely correct, and financial information you may have access to, you are legally bound to keep confidential and NOT discuss with others, including but not limited to your spouse, friends and especially a public forum such as the internet.

You could get into HUGE trouble here dude.

there are several pending judgements against the company and the owner for not paying their bills.
    if this is true it's in public records

if what youre writing was true, at this point youll be lucky to just lose your job and not end up in jail.

i dont think its true myself, they seem to be operating as normal, of course the nm145 fiasco most surely hurt them.

I can't say whether the OP's actions are legal or not as I am not an attorney, but the type of information he refers to is available online to anyone for a fee from companies like Experian whose website, [url=http://www.smartbusinessreports.com], is business specific. Thus information of this nature if factual would be considered in the public domain wouldn't it?

Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Krenovian View Post
    I can't say whether the OP's actions are legal or not as I am not an attorney, but the type of information he refers to is available online to anyone for a fee from companies like Experian whose website, [url=http://www.smartbusinessreports.com], is business specific. Thus information of this nature if factual would be considered in the public domain wouldn't it?

Curtis
    novakon is canadian, so that site would offer nothing. but i see your point.

I have to wonder what the original poster was trying to achieve, it's not like people on a public forum are likely to have any additional information. And it's extremely unlikely a Novakon employee is going to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenofish View Post
    novakon is canadian, so that site would offer nothing. but i see your point.
    In fact after posting I tried to look Novakon up on the website I referenced and couldn't come up with any information. It kept asking me for a state abbreviation, so apparently only works for US based companies.

Curtis

Dear valued customers:

We find the irresponsible comments made on the CNC zone by an unknown member to be totally uninformed in regards to our company’s growth, productive efforts and commitment.

We’d like to assure you that we remain committed in providing the best pricing and CNC choices to you who have supported us and have remained our loyal customers to date.

It has never been Novakon’s policy to attack our competitors and it has been our hope that others will maintain the same professional decorum in this market.

If any slander that is directed toward our good name has caused our costumers concern, we wish to extend our sincerest apologies to you.

We maintain our strong leading position in our field and would like to reassure everyone that we will continue to move forward.

Sincerely,

John Sandstrom
    President