585,749 active members*
4,008 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > APC wont pallet change - Need help please!

APC wont pallet change - Need help please!

I have a Okuma MX40HA, OSP7000 control.

We are trying to give an M60 command, and nothing happens. I have confirmed ATC is on sequence #1, and APC is on Sequence #1. On the diagnostic screen, we get a 10968 APC A Position is not completed message. I have tried manually stepping the pallet changer in reverse and forward, nothing happens...

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

I have tried bringing the Z out and cleaned chips very thoroughly...
    I still cannot seem to make the Z axis A position switch...

- Is the ATC toolchange in mid cycle ie. in any sequence other than #1 or #5 ? ( recheck )----spindle must also be clamped
    - Is the pallet comming in got 2 lights up ie W.LOAD FINISHED & set to the indexing position ?
    - Is your rapid override set to zero ? <---
    our MX used G30P3 & P4 for pallet positioning before doing a pallet change ie. Z goes home, ( then may move to an X&Y position ), then rotates to machine B-zero.

Check this thread for am Xmas present, posted 3 years ago
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/...variables.html

Yes, I have confirmed ATC is on sequence #1, I went ahead and did a full manual ATC sequence (Just in case). It is back to #1. Rapid override is set to 0. I gave the G30P4 command (Pallet change position). I have confirmed that I have both lights on (Pallet ready, etc.). Is there a mechanical switch that might be bad? I have removed the telescoping covers on each side of the tombstone. I saw the Z axis over travel dog switch, I have confirmed that it is working with my meter. I also noticed a pneumatic solenoid, but it looks like that is not needed till APC sequence #3. I am on #1 and cannot move to sequence #2.

- Is there any axes wanting to move after executing the M60. ie "Distance to go" ie B rotation ( try moving all axes , and then try the M60, to see movement )
    - the pallet ( in the machine ) must be able to move to the pallet change position or you will get a timeout alarm, increase the rapid rate override
    - pallet base must be present on the other fork before it will lift

What solution info is given when you push the ? button ( near F1 key ) while the alarm is active ?

- I'm not with the company to be of further help, sorry

Superman is right, it will not change unless the home position is reached (as shown on your diagnostics page) Feedrate can not be at 0 to do this.

Which type of indexing do you have? 1 degree or full B? If you have 1 degree the pallet will try to lift to rotate and sometimes an air pressure regulator under the table needs to be adjusted.

Like Super says: are there any "Distance to go" shown?

Best regards,

I have tried moving the axes and giving the M60 command. Nothing moves...
    However, when I give G30P3 command, all axes move into position. I do have both pallets in the machine and have confirmed the pallet ready sensor is working. When I hit the ? during the alarm, it tells me that either one of the inputs are not on...

My machine has a full B axis. I am thinking about manually changing the APC sequence from 1 to 2 in the machine parameters. Then try to manually sequence to sequence #3 and see what happens. I am also interested in trying to manually unclamp the pallet, then manually lift the pallet by using the manual buttons on the hydraulic solenoids...

What do you think?

Machine is running!

I decided to change the parameter sequence to #2 (Knowing that my pallet was actually in the correct position). Then after that, the control let me continue on to step sequence #3 and so forth. After a full manual pallet change, it is now accepting the M60 command.

Thanks!