584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Toyoda > Need Help! Toyoda FA450

Need Help! Toyoda FA450

Anyone that may be able to help, We purchased a 1995 FA450 in August that had been sitting, disconnected from power for a long period of time and lost all memory and parameters. We removed all the covers from the machine when it arrived with the intention of a good cleaning and review of all functions before replacing covers to make any repairs easier. The machine appears to be in above average condition but we have not been able to get the machine fully functional. In September we had a Fanuc technician come out, he was able to reload 15m control parameters and make it possible to jog all axes of the machine. The Spindle, pallet change, pallet index, tool change, tool magazine are still not functioning. We were told by an independent technician that we need the Toyoda software. We contacted Toyoda USA in Arlington Heights, IL about obtaining the software but after numerous calls and emails over a one month period they were unable to help. We decided that having a Toyoda technician would be the next step. Our service request was sent about a month ago, they have not come out, told us when they can come out and are not responding to emails.
    Were looking for independant service, or anyone with a similar FA450, or any info or knowledge that will point us in the right direction, because we are stuck.

Thanks, West Machine Products

Sir: I have a similar FA450 that has been sitting also, with an ATC jam. Now that I have a chance to work on it, I have a dead battery on the ATC drive, which I have replaced. I have the Mits 500 controller, but I believe both the Fanuc and Mits have the MG-U030/MG-U050 drives for the ATC and pallet servos. Have you had any luck getting yours going? There doesn't seem to be much info on these Sanyo drives online - I do have the handheld unit for checking/setting parameters, but no manual on what the alarms mean and how to reset. Thanks in advance!

Bill

We did finally get our machine running. It took a lot of work, but it runs great now. Post the alarms you have, and I'll see if I can help you out. If you don't know how to check the alarms, I can walk you through that also.

After replacing the battery and resetting the battery alarm on the MG-U050 for the ATC, I was still getting an ATC error. I figured this, because the ATC is in the middle of the cycle - the swing arm is extended, the door is down, etc. The reset info I have is only for resetting the battery alarm through the handheld MC1KC (I had other alarm codes). All three MG-U's were giving the red error LED (ATC, Magazine, and Pallet changer). However, yesterday I went through that whole process again, I and all those alarms went away. Today I will make sure all the prox switches are functioning and try running some tool-chainging M codes (M901, etc.) to see if I can get anything to happen. At this point, I can't jog or zero return any axes, which I would think would keep me from executing any codes.

As far as the alarms on the controller, I mainly get the three associated with the MG-U's - ATC error, Magazine error, and Pallet servo error. When I try to jog, zero return, hand, I get the usual M01 operation error or NC error.

Let me know how it went for you today. I have a tool changer restore procedure if you need it.

Didn't make a lot of headway yesterday, checked the prox switches and general mechanics of the tool changer. I can manually rotate the tool carrier chain from the side control, but still no luck with any M codes for the individual movements of the ATC. I have been able to jog the axes in the past, including rotating the table and zero-returning it. But I haven't been able to move anything now. If you have a procedure for restoring the ATC, that would be greatly appreciated!

Keep in mind this is for a Fanuc Machine, not sure if it is the same.

FA450 TOOL CHANGER RESTORE:
    1. Check that current x and y positions match the positions in the tool change macro (9020)
    - if not, MDI M991 than handle jog in .0001 increment to correct position.
    2. MDI -M901 (transfer arm from mag)
    -M916 (door open)
    -M904 (swing arm clamp)
    -M909 (draw bar unclamp)
    -M906 (atc one motion)
    -use (+) or (-) buttons to move each action
    3. Verify position on (top) servo drive with hand-held controller. Either 0 or 180.
    4. Change mode to jog, clamp draw bar.
    5. MDI M991 to handle jog X out of tool changer.
    6. MDI -M101 (cancel macro)
    -M915 (door close)
    -M919 (transfer arm to mag)

I have a problem with same machine. We have alarm E1000 on the MDI Panel of drive.
    Anyone knows the meaning of E1000?
    Thanks!