585,670 active members*
4,633 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > looking at a used cnc plasma router table

looking at a used cnc plasma router table

I am looking at buying this used machine and need some adive, I know nothing about this machine or any cnc plasma table at all

may I please get some advice on buying this used with the work it needs to finish setting it up here are the details

4 X 8 foot CNC plasma or router table.

Built by Practical CNC but has a Cand CNC controller using Mach III software.
    Currently setup as a plasma cutting table but have the rails to convert to a router table.
    All motors are servos.
    Has torch height control.
    Complete with HP computer and Hypertherm 1000 with machine torch.
    Capable of cutting 1/2" steel.

needs, someone that can finish some minor software program setup and redo the limit switches.

Also have the hand torch. Other software included is Sheetcam for converting drawings to machine language VCarve Pro for
    routing. License for Mach III and Sheetcam included. Air compressor is NOT included. I have 12000.00 invested in this table so it is a good buy for someone that can finish some minor software program setup and redo the limit switches.

thanks, I could really use the help

Tom

I have a table made from PlasmaRoute CNC. It has about the same stuff. ArtCam and SheetCam and Mach 3. Desktop computer, I got it new for around 5,000 more then your used table. I can cut upto 1 1/2 inch steel, anything over 3/4" you need to start on the side. If you have a place to put it, 1500 for a good aircomperssor. you going 1 ph or 3 ph on the power? check that you are set up on the table for the right power needs. I ran a 2power into my work shop 200 amp 1ph, the power CO. said I would not want to know what 3 ph cost. I live in away from the big city. . What most of us are doing on the plasma cutters is right on the edge of maxing out what house power can give out. 200 amp 1 ph 220 volts. If we were to step up, then you are talking MORE POWER. 3 ph, It just lets the motors and ele stuff run better. The most stuff I cut, 14 to 10 ga steel, not much power needed. Precision Cuts CNC Plasma & Routing - Professional Services - Columbia, IL | Facebook to see the pics

Building my small shop and getting it set up
    Plasma setup pictures by navy80to04 - Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by navy80to04 View Post
    I have a table made from PlasmaRoute CNC. It has about the same stuff. ArtCam and SheetCam and Mach 3. Desktop computer, I got it new for around 5,000 more then your used table. I can cut upto 1 1/2 inch steel, anything over 3/4" you need to start on the side. If you have a place to put it, 1500 for a good aircomperssor. you going 1 ph or 3 ph on the power? check that you are set up on the table for the right power needs. I ran a 2power into my work shop 200 amp 1ph, the power CO. said I would not want to know what 3 ph cost. I live in away from the big city. . What most of us are doing on the plasma cutters is right on the edge of maxing out what house power can give out. 200 amp 1 ph 220 volts. If we were to step up, then you are talking MORE POWER. 3 ph, It just lets the motors and ele stuff run better. The most stuff I cut, 14 to 10 ga steel, not much power needed. Precision Cuts CNC Plasma & Routing - Professional Services - Columbia, IL | Facebook to see the pics
    thank you, I did buy it, it came with everything listed and it actually has the updated parts not listed, the powermax 1000 with the machine torch looks like it came out of the box new, he had over 12k in it with the new CandCNC controller equipment, heck the plasma cutter is pricey just by itself new, let alone the machi9ne torch whit it (it has the hand torch as well)